Hello! I am Praveen (22) from Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh, India). I am studying Computer Science at IITK Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh, India). Before joining here, I lived four years in Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh, India), the most beautiful place I lived till now.
These days I developed a great zeal for traveling (especially Adventure Tourism and Heritage Tourism). I am lucky, I live near Delhi (one of the oldest living cities in the world) & Uttarakhand (one of the best regions in the world for trekking). I spend time roaming around the world virtually in Google Earth(thanks to Google). I read about places and travel experiences. The most exciting thing for me is Mt. Everest and broadly Himalayas. I'll plan Everest Base Camp Trek (Nepal) some time in the future (sep 2009).
Also I am on a mission to cover more than half of the World Heritage Sites in India. 11 of 27 completed :)
Of all the places I traveled, Delhi is the one that I liked the most. A perfect amalgamation of ancient heritage & modern culture. Even Rishikesh has its charm on me.
Apart from Traveling, my interests include Computer Science, Photography, Music and History.
- Araku Valley & Borra Caves (Visakhapatnam) 
- Agra & Delhi [May 2006]
- Tirupathi (Andhra Pradesh) [Jul 2006]
- Delhi [Oct 2006]
- Khajuraho [Oct 2006]
- Agra, Fatehpur Sikri [Jan 2007]
- White Water Rafting in Ganges (3 day expedition from DevPrayag to Rishikesh) [Mar 2007]
- Dublin, Derry, Galway(beautiful city), Aran Islands, Cork, ... (Ireland & Northern Ireland) [May 2007]
- Nainital (Uttarakhand) [Jun 2007]
- Delhi, Bombay & Pune [Jun 2007]
- Allahabad & Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) [Aug 2007]
- Delhi [mid Oct 2007]
- Auli, Rishikesh [early Jan 2008]
- Rishikesh Rafting Weekend [mid Feb 2008]
Photos of some of these trips can be found at my picasa
- Valley of Flowers & Badrinath [early july 2008]
- Everest Base Camp(5363m) and Kala Pattar Summit(5643m) (Nepal) [future]
Feel free to contact me for details about the above places at email@example.com. I love to talk about them.
Thank you for the developers and contributors of Wikitravel, it has been very useful in planning my trips. I will try to contribute my knowledge to Wikitravel.
For India travel, I recommend www.indiamike.com. It has lots of info and helping members.