Hello! I am Praveen (22) from Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh, India). I am studying Computer Science at IITK Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh, India). Before joining here, I studied for four years in Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh, India), the most beautiful place I lived till now.
These days I developed a great zeal for traveling (especially Adventure Tourism and Heritage Tourism). I am lucky, I live near Delhi (one of the oldest living cities in the world) & Uttarakhand (one of the best regions in the world for trekking). I spend time roaming around the world virtually in Google Earth(thanks to Google). I read about places and travel experiences. The most exciting thing for me is Mt. Everest and broadly Himalayas. I am planning Everest Base Camp Trek (Nepal) this summer(Sep/Oct/Nov 2008). Wanna have fun?
Also I am on a mission to cover more than half of the World Heritage Sites in India. 11 of 27 completed :)
Of all the places I traveled, Delhi is the one that I liked the most. A perfect amalgamation of ancient heritage & modern culture.
Apart from Traveling, my interests include Computer Science, Photography, Music and History.
- Araku Valley & Borra Caves (Visakhapatnam) 
- Agra & Delhi [May 2006]
- Tirupathi (Andhra Pradesh) [Jul 2006]
- Delhi [Oct 2006]
- Khajuraho [Oct 2006]
- Agra, Fatehpur Sikri [Jan 2007]
- White Water Rafting in Ganges (3 day expedition from DevPrayag to Rishikesh) [Mar 2007]
- Dublin, Derry, Galway(beautiful city), Aran Islands, Cork, ... (Ireland & Northern Ireland) [May 2007]
- Nainital (Uttarakhand) [Jun 2007]
- Delhi, Bombay & Pune [Jun 2007]
- Allahabad & Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) [Aug 2007]
- Delhi [mid Oct 2007]
- Auli, Rishikesh [early Jan 2008]
Photos of some of these trips can be found at my picasa
- Gangotri, Gaumukh, Tapovan, Nandanvan [jul 2008]
- Everest Base Camp(5363m) and Kala Pattar Summit(5643m) (Nepal) [future]
Feel free to contact me for details about the above places at email@example.com. I love to talk about them.
Thank you for the developers and contributors of Wikitravel, it has been very useful in planning my trips. I will try to contribute my knowledge to Wikitravel.
For India travel, I recommend www.indiamike.com. It has lots of info and helping members.