|| Este usuário tem como língua materna o Português.
|| This user is able to contribute with a near-native level of English.
|| Este usuario puede contribuir con un nivel avanzado de español.
|| Cette personne peut contribuer avec un niveau élémentaire de français.
Heypa people! My name is Mateus Alves and I'm a 27 years old journalist born in the city of São Paulo, Brazil. I spent some years of my childhood in England, more specifically in a town called Bedford. I've been fiddling with the media business since 1999, when I first got a job in a travel web site that is no more nowadays. Good fun at the time, tho - and the pay wasn't even that bad! Currently, I edit a subscriber-oriented newspaper in São Paulo that focuses mainly on politics and economics.
Some more silly stuff about me:
- Some movies: Forrest Gump, Platoon, Amelie, Dancer in the Dark, anything by Monty Python, O Homem que Copiava, Lost in Translation.
- Some music: The Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, Kent, Bruce Springsteen, Weezer, Aimee Mann, Metallica, Radiohead, Travis, Sepultura, The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Green Day, Leonard Cohen, Ryan Adams.
- Some writers: Oscar Wilde, Dostoievski, Nick Hornby, Norman Mailer, Truman Capote.
- My choice of airline to travel are always asian ones (too bad I don't get to fly them very often). JAL rocks! When it comes to flying on a budget (which is usually the case) Gol, the premier low-cost brazilian carrier, and Ryanair also rock a lot!
- I always use Lonely Planet guides when travelling. Some are good, some could be better, but overall they're fine. The Brazil one should have been written by someone who actually came to Brazil, tho...
Besides native Brazil and adopted home England, I've travelled quite a bit around this planet, visiting around 35 countries up 'til now (and the count is on, I hope). Soon I'll put online my best pics (been trying to do that a loooong time, but still haven't had the guts - or...? - to).
I'm also an active user in some hospitalty exchange networks (a great way to travel around and get to know deeply places) such as Hospitality Club and Couchsurfing. Find me there under username mattalves!
You can get in touch with me through email@example.com or through Skype, username mattalves.
I'm a Docent for São Paulo, Brazil, where I still live nowadays and can be contacted if you need any info or whatsoever related to the place :)
U-30 Restaurants in SP