User:Jpatokal/Sea of Fertility
 Spring Snow
- The temple of Gesshuin is very closely modeled on Enshō-ji (圓照寺, 円照寺), an Imperial nunnery. The temple is located about 20 minutes away from Obitoke station, two stops south of Nara on the JR Sakurai Line; however, as in the book, it is strictly closed to visitors.
 Runaway Horses
The League of the Divine Wind (神風連 Shimpūren) and its rebellion in Kumamoto in 1876 is an actual event: names have not been changed, and the event unfolded much as described in the book. However, the story-within-a-story and its author "Yamao Tsunenori" are a work of fiction written by Mishima, being apparently loosely based on League of the Divine Wind: Story of Tears of Blood (神風連血涙史) by Ishihara Shiko (石原醜男).
- Shingai Shrine (新開大神宮), 内田町１２６７. Very minor temple, about 2 km from JR Kawashiri Stn (one stop south of Kumamoto).
- Sakurayama Shrine (桜山神社 Sakurayama Jinja), contains the graves of 123 Divine Wind members and the Shinpuren Museum (神風連資料館)
- Kumamoto Castle
- Mount Kinpo (金峰山)
Isao's conspiracy is very loosely based on the League of Blood Incident (血盟団事件 Ketsumeidan Jiken) of 1932. Iinuma bears some resemblances to the League's leader Nissho Inoue (although he was a fervent Buddhist, not Shintoist) and "Busuke Kurahara" may be based on Baron Takuma Dan, head of the Mitsui zaibatsu and the League's 2nd victim. That's where the similarities end though: the League used guns, not swords; Takuma was murdered before their arrest; and and none of its members committed suicide.
 Temple of Dawn
- Wat Arun and Wat Pho are temples in Rattanakosin
- "Chakri Palace" is the Chakri Mahaprasat Hall at the Grand Palace, Rattanakosin
- "Rosette Palace" is Suan Pakkad Palace in Phayonyothin
- The Summer Palace is in Bang Pa-In, 60 km north of Bangkok
 The Decay of the Angel
The following are all within the city limits of Shizuoka, which has absorbed Shimizu:
- Miho Pine Grove (三保の松原 Miho no matsubara)
- Kunōzan Tōshō-gū
|This article is still a stub and needs your attention. It does not have a template. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|