This trip will be my second and my girlfriend Susan will be accompanying me one her first trip. I spent 4 days of my first trip backpacking the Rees-Dart Track and while she'd enjoy that, I think we'll end up being tourists more than trampers. I expect this to be a two week trip, but my boss has mentioned that I may be able to make it a month long trip... which would definately include some time on a track or two.
- Leave Nashville - Friday, 2pm?
- Leave Los Angeles - 7:45pm
- Arrive Auckland - Sunday, 5:30am
- Depart Auckland for Dunedin - 8am
- Arrive Dunedin - 10:45am.
- Rent a car at the airport, drive into town. Likely to have made reservations at the Elm Street Lodge.
- Eat lunch. Gauge ability to function after time shift. If functionality is high, start being a tourist for in-town attractions.