Edmonton is a beautiful city.
- This user page was designed by Wikipedia user IMatthew, the layout stolen from RyanCross
Hola, I am Edmontonenthusiast and this is my great user page. Here you can learn a little bit about me and what I plan to do here.
I am a docent for Edmonton and Edmonton's metro region. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.
- Create one star article on Edmonton
- District Calgary
- Create subway/lrt maps
- Clean up and add info for Stay safe and respect in Canada
- Fixup Alberta article and make it guide
- Do Route boxes for The Alberta Corridor (Edmonton to Calgary) and TransCanada BC Corridor (betwen Calgary and Vancouver) as well as other Alberta and BC ones.
- Make a successful Dotm
- Make all Edmonton districts guide
- Fixup Seattle districts
- Make Saskatchewan article representable
- Add more images to Winnipeg
- Add a full complete architecture guide of Winnipeg
- Create an itinerary of Edmonton
- Try and take better photographs
- Help Local hero
- Fix-up Kitsilano.
- Make Edmonton an article people can look up to like SF and CHI.
I have been to the following Major Metropolitan Regions: Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle, Winnipeg and, because I live, Edmonton
Other amazing places I've been: BC Interior, Jasper, Banff, Yellowstone, Spokane, Saskatchewan, Montana, Mt. Rushmore
Where I'd like to go soon: Portland, Minneapolis, Boise, Vancouver again, Seattle again, San Francisco, Toronto, and Denver.
LAST VACATION : Winnipeg NEXT VACATION : Calgary or Vancouver
11. NEW YORK
Alphabetical order so there is no competition in order.
Old Strathcona, EDMONTON | Gastown, VANCOUVER | Yaletown, VANCOUVER | Main St, VANCOUVER | 4th Ave, VANCOUVER | Oliver, EDMONTON | Kensington, CALGARY | Exchange, WINNIPEG | Downtown, SASKATOON | Chinatown, SAN FRANCISCO | The Picket Market, SEATTLE | Downtown, SPOKANE | 5th Ave, NEW YORK | Magnificent Mile, CHICAGO | Downtown, MINNEAPOLIS | Granville St/Island, VANCOUVER | Downtown, PORTLAND | Downtown, DENVER | Larimer, DENVER | The Warehouse District, EDMONTON | U of A, EDMONTON | Mill Creek, EDMONTON | Renfrew, CALGARY | Banff Town Centre, BANFF | Strathearn, EDMONTON | South Calgary, CALGARY | Soma, SAN FRANCISCO | Madison, NEW YORK | Bricktown, OKLAHOMA CITY.
Only my opinion - you can form your own.
- West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton. Tacky and totally suburban. There isn't anything to it really especially Americans. All it is chain after chain with a few overthetop attractions in between - submarine tours, Pirateship, dolphins, amusement park. Also - what kind of mall has nightlife?
- Stephen Avenue, Calgary. Promoted well as a nice urban shopping area in Calgs core. Wow! Although - it doesn't feel like a shopping area. It just feels like a meh outdoor mall - no organic interesting urban shopping just chains and everything you can get at Chinook or Balzak.
- Disneyland, California. Overly tacky and overpriced. It lacks culture and variety - it is just Disney.
- Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas. Can LV just perhaps form it's own style? Why does it have to copy London, Paris, New York, and a lot of other places? Why does it need a Empire State replica? I find it stupid and waaaay tacky. I would prefer Las Vegas to make it's own landmarks. Not to mention it is sprawl heaven and pedestrian hell. Pollution, pollution, pollution, pollution.
- Disneyworld, Florida. Just about as bad as the Cali one. Just tacky. It is too crowded and is tooo tooo overrrated.
- Dubai Towers, Dubai. They just look stupid and dumb. Not to mention, a lot of them have been built without boom or economy - leaving much of it empty - what a waste. This is why you grow organically, not megaboom with little economy. I mean, Dubai has economy but it is more in tourism not condos and office corperates.
- Valley Zoo, Edmonton. Too tacky and not much to do. Kind of boring. Not to mention, you feel so bad for the animals in there. I'd much rather it be revamped to show the natural animals from the area.
- Burj Al Arab, Dubai. Akin to Dubai towers it just looks over the top. Really it is just built to be the tallest and grab world attention. Again - built without economy. Anyways it is just lammmme.
- Osborne, Winnipeg. I don't mind it really. Just when I was there the stores had poor service and the pedestrians were rude and the infrastructure was terrible.
- Downtown, Las Vegas. Carboncopy of LV Strip - yee haw. The Freemont Experience - how stupid. Then all the parking lots - laaame.
- Tempe, Arizona. Suburban gore fest. I hope that explains it because all it is is suburbia which is bad for t he environment and humans actually. There isn't anything urban/organic about it.
- Walmart, Global. You'd be surprised how many people check out Walmarts around the world. It is quite lame and since when is a budget, greedy, mega, chain an attraction? See.