See more on my mega blog Utterly Disinterested
This is my work in progress.
Places: Countries, States, Cities, and Regions I love to visit or would love to visit. (These are also areas I will try to contribute Articles to.)
In the US
California – the Golden State
- Bay Area – Home Sweet Home
- California Delta – a.k.a the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta - Very hard area to photograph but a very fascinating landscape full of levees (most of the area is 15 feet above sea level with some areas below sea level) , draw bridges, walnut grooves, and vineyards.
- Half Moon Bay – Beach and surf city. Fun to explore Highway 92 and the Highway 1 (a.k.a the Pacific Coast Highway.)
- Menlo Park – Not Menlo Park in NJ
- Mountain View (California)
- Palo Alto – a.k.a. "Shallow Alto" cause of the high yuppie and student populations, but still a neat city to explore.
- San Francisco – love "the City" even though it can be a huge tourist trap.
- San Jose (California)
Massachusetts – Pahk the Cah in the Yahd (Yes some people REALLY speak that way.)
- Cape Cod
- Greater Boston
- Framingham – The reason Framingham is the largest "town" in MA is because they refuse to change the designation to city!
- Newton and surrounding villages
- Central Massachusetts
- Yarmouth (Massachusetts)
- Las Vegas – There is more to do in Vegas than just gamble. (No really there is.)
Oregon – Pronounced like Organ NOT Oro-Gone like the Chowdah-heads say :-)
- Bahamas – Pending Trip in Early 07
- Bonaire – Pending Trip in Summer 07
- Curacao – Pending Trip in Summer 07
- Puerto Rico – Pending Trip Summer in 07
Future Caribbean Trips on the Radar – Going to *try* to see 1 to 3 islands a year.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Cayman Islands
- Netherlands Antilles – Saba
- Trinidad and Tobago
- St Barthelemy
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Martin - 1 island, 2 countries! Want to see both sides - the French north Saint Martin & the Dutch south Sint Maarten
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Virgin Islands – US Virgin Islands – St. Thomas, St. John's & St. Croix. & the British Virgin Islands
- American Samoa
- Cook Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- French Polynesia (Tahiti)
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
(So many places, so little time and money :-)