Golden Gate Bridge from Marin County with San Francisco in background
I finally have the hang of Wiki Markup now I have to get used to Manual of Style
See more on my mega blog Utterly Disinterested
This is my work in progress. Version 2.7
I was born and raised in California, (Bay Area) and moved to Boston, Massachusetts to attend college. Met my wife and never moved back….
Hancock Tower, Copley Square
Places: Countries, States, Cities, and Regions I love to visit or would love to visit.
(These are also areas I will try to contribute Wiki's to.)
California – the Golden State
- Bay Area – Home Sweet Home
- California Delta – a.k.a the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta - Very hard area to photograph but a very fascinating landscape full of levees (most of the area is 15 feet above sea level with some areas below sea level) , draw bridges, walnut grooves, and vineyards.
- Half Moon Bay – Beach and surf city. Fun to explore Highway 92 and the Highway 1 (a.k.a the Pacific Coast Highway.)
- Menlo Park – Not Menlo Park in NJ
- Mountain View (California)
- Palo Alto – a.k.a. "Shallow Alto" cause of the high yuppie and student populations, but still a neat city to explore.
- San Francisco – love "the City" even though it can be a huge tourist trap.
- San Jose (California)
Caribbean – Scoff at you Cape Cod beaches!! Yes the water really is that blue, the sand that white, and heat that hot!
Future Caribbean Trips on the Radar – Going to *try* to see 2 islands a year.
Hawaii – Aloha! Also scoffing at you Cape Cod beaches!!
Massachusetts – Pahk the Cah in the Yahd (Yes some people REALLY speak that way.)
- Las Vegas – There is more to do in Vegas than just gamble. (No really there is.)
Oregon – Pronounced like Organ NOT Oro-Gone like the Chowdah-heads say :-)
Pacific Northwest (United States of America)
The regions of the South Pacific [Oceania] – Yep - Scoffing at the Cape Cod beaches as well!!
United States National Parks – I have a buddy whose mission is to see all the NPS parks by 2010. I hope to join him on some of those adventures.