Cardboardbird likes to travel to places different than where he came from. He grew up in Australia but for now calls Changzhou in China home.
My focus is building China pages for smaller destinations that have been neglected. Having said that, lately, most of my time is being spent on pages in my home state, Western Australia.
Most of the info I contribute is gathered first hand while in the destination itself, but I sometimes do a bit of fact checking research online for history, phone numbers and the like. I need to get into the habit of writing down names of guesthouses and restaurants.
I'm not much of a writer but I do what I can.
- Changzhou – See/Do sections are the first priority.
- Perth – Districtification in progress. Clean up the Sleep listings. Hack some sludgy copy in Eat/Buy.
- Dwellingup – Build from scratch. Include Lane Poole Reserve.
- Suzhou – See; needs descriptions and addresses. Eat; check and expand.
- Jurien Bay – Put in basic info but might give up on this one.
- Kununurra town  - My first attempt at map making.
Pages to which I've contributed more than a few words
Australia: Western Australia, Perth, Kununurra, Wyndham, Warmun, Jurien Bay
China: Kaifeng, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Ya'an, Hongcun, Suzhou
My todo list
Places I have travelled to and/or lived in
- Western Australia (Perth, Kununurra, Broome, Derby, Esperance, Denmark, Walpole, Dwellingup, Pinjarrah)
- Northern Territory (Katherine, Mataranka)
- New South Wales (Sydney, Katoomba, Wollongong)