Hey y'all! I'm Andrew James Morgan, and I originally hail from Denver, Colorado, which, after my extensive travels, still remains one of my favorite cities on the planet. I hope to contribute to articles concerning the Colorado Rockies (no, not the baseball team) on this website, and I'm willing to offer Coloradoan hiking and state park advice/info to anyone here!
I graduated from Denver South High School in 2003, then went on to obtain a Bachelor's Degree in Physics with a minor in Portuguese at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee in 2007. Afterward, I completed a two-year Master's program at Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, Michigan.
I enrolled in Doctorate studies at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., and I begin this fall. I moved to D.C. in May and I adore it so far. Still working with my computer/tech/business innovation company.
|| This user is a native speaker of English.
|| Cette personne peut contribuer avec un niveau moyen en français.
|| Dieser Benutzer hat sehr gute Deutschkenntnisse.
|| Este usuário tem domínio do português similar ao de um nativo.
| Other homes
|| Nashville, Mount Pleasant, Madrid, Berkeley, Indianapolis, Asheville, Salt Lake City, Berlin, Orlando
| Have visited
|| San Francisco, Edinburgh, Antwerp, Bern, Munich, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit, Liverpool, Blackpool, London, Galicia, Oklahoma City, Honolulu, Costa Rica, Panama City, Managua, The Hague, Washington, D.C., Seattle, Olympia, Sao Paolo, Rio de Janeiro
|| Asuncion, Bhutan, Cyprus, Athens, Shanghai, Nairobi, Lagos, Riga, Macau,
|This is a guide article. It has well developed information throughout the entire article, and throughout all of the articles on destinations within the region. Plunge forward and help us make it a star!
Doha, Johannesburg, Montevideo, Geneva, Sydney, Nepal
MOST RECENT TRAVELS
- May 2012 - A wonderful Morgan family camping trip to the Indiana Dunes, accompanied by an elongated stop in Indianapolis, one of my former stomping grounds.
- July 2012 - Week-long business trip in Antwerp, which quickly became one of my favorite cities.
- August 2012 - First time in Central America, and let me tell you, I became absolutely enamored with this region of the world. I spent three weeks in Panama, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica, respectively. I'm hoping it's South America next year!
- November 2012 - Thanksgiving week spent in Louisville, seeing my parent's new house for the first time.
- February 2013 - My brother, Aidan, another fellow traveler (he's the off-the-beaten-path kinda guy, which is why it's strange that we agreed on this city) and I have booked ourselves a flight and short trip to Toronto, for some business discussion, as well as brotherly bonding time. Can't ever have enough of that! Oh, that'll also mark my first time in Canada. Jubilant! UPDATE:This trip was fantastic. Worked on marketing schemes and enjoyed the metropolitan side of life. Hopefully I can get out to rural Canada next time; I hear it's beautiful.
- March 2013 - NSTA 2013 in San Antonio, Texas! Looking for business development plans geared towards education in computer sciences. UPDATE: Another amazing trip. San Antonio is always great (albeit ridiculously hot), and my colleagues and I encountered some beautiful, wonderful science educators that were deeply passionate about their professions.
- April 2013 - Business trip to Hyderabad to deliver presentations to the Indian School of Business. UPDATE: Hyderabad is still one of the best places in India. Presentations went very well. Bright, determined students abound.
- May 2013 - Moving to Washington, D.C.! UPDATE: Everything went smoothly. I love this city!
- July 2013 - Two weeks in Chicago to see family.
- August 2013 - Business trip and subsequent hiking & biking in Provo, Utah.
- October 2013 - Going to Wellington to celebrate my parents and their 30 years of marriage. First time in New Zealand for me.