This page holds all future itineraries. It is also a spot where I can jot down a few ideas.
Some trips I'll definitely do, some I'm thinking about. They are categorised as follows:
- Planned Trip - dates have been set and bookings have been made
- Probable Trip - nothing or very little has been booked but it's highly likely I'll take this trip
- Possible Trip - the trip is currently only an idea, nothing is set in stone
Planned Trip: May, June, July 2011
Duration: 3 months
- Carnaval - 5th to 12th March, 2011
- Peruvian Election - April 10, 2011
- Pedometer - original route (ex. Panama)
- Google Maps - locations of bus stations, airports, hostels, border crossings, etc
Australian Government Travel Advice for Peru
Travellers (5): Aidan, Maria and Jessica, Aubs, Blytes
Travellers (3+): Aidan, Blyton, Aubs and anyone else interested
Australian Government Travel Advice for Bolivia
Australian Government Travel Advice for Brazil
Australian Government Travel Advice for Paraguay
Visa information for Australians:
Australian Government Travel Advice for Argentina
Australian Government Travel Advice for Uruguay
Australian Government Travel Advice for Guyana
The Australian Government strongly advises against travelling within 80km of Venezuela's border with Colombia. We will have to revisit this part of the itinerary.
Australian Government Travel Advice for Venezuela
- Cúcuta to Bucaramanga by bus
- Bucaramanga to Panama City by plane
- Panama City to Cali by plane (Aero Republica)
- Direct flight 2 hours = AUD$430 pp
- Airport in Cali is "Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport"
- Cali to Ipiales by bus (NOTE: Should hopefully be a bus that goes directly to Quito)
- BORDER CROSSING Ipiales to border crossing (on same bus)
- Another option could be to get a flight from Panama City to Quito with stopover in Bogotá.