This page holds all future itineraries. It is also a spot where I can jot down a few ideas.
Some trips I'll definitely do, some I'm thinking about. They are categorised as follows:
- Planned Trip - dates have been set and bookings have been made
- Probable Trip - nothing or very little has been booked but it's highly likely I'll take this trip
- Possible Trip - the trip is currently only an idea, nothing is set in stone
Planned Trip: May, June, July 2011
Duration: 3 months
- Carnaval - 5th to 12th March, 2011
- Peruvian Election - April 10, 2011
- Pedometer - original route (ex. Panama)
- Google Maps - locations of bus stations, airports, hostels, border crossings, etc
Australian Government Travel Advice for Peru
Travellers (5): Aidan, Maria and Jessica, Aubs, Blytes
Travellers (3+): Aidan, Blyton, Aubs and anyone else interested
Australian Government Travel Advice for Bolivia
Australian Government Travel Advice for Brazil
Australian Government Travel Advice for Paraguay
Visa information for Australians:
The Australian Government strongly advises against travelling within 80km of Venezuela's border with Colombia. We will have to revisit this part of the itinerary.
- Cúcuta to Bucaramanga by bus
- Bucaramanga to Panama City by plane
- Panama City to Cali by plane (Aero Republica)
- Direct flight 2 hours = AUD$430 pp
- Airport in Cali is "Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport"
- Cali to Ipiales by bus (NOTE: Should hopefully be a bus that goes directly to Quito)
- BORDER CROSSING Ipiales to border crossing (on same bus)
- Another option could be to get a flight from Panama City to Quito with stopover in Bogotá.