Tybee Island Light Station
Tybee Island is a popular beach town 18 miles east of Savannah on the Atlantic coast of Georgia.
GA-26/US-80 is the only route onto the island and passes directly through Savannah on its way east.
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (IATA: SAV),  is about 45 minutes away from the island and is served by seven airlines. The airport is directly served by Interstate 95 and is located about 20 minutes north of Savannah.
Fort Screven's Battery Garland
- Tybee Island Light Station, ☎ (912) 786-5801, . 9AM - 5:30PM, Closed Tuesdays. Georgia's oldest and tallest lighthouse, includes a complex of historic support buildings and 187 steps to the top! $7 Adults, $5 Children and Seniors.
- Tybee Island Marine Science Center, 1510 Strand Avenue (Directly in front of the Tybee pier and pavilion), ☎ (912) 786-5917, . 10AM - 5PM. Part science center and part aquarium, featuring touch tanks and many kid friendly exhibits. $4 Adults, $3 Children.
- Tybee Island Museum at Fort Screven's Battery Garland, (Directly across from the Tybee Island Light Station). Located inside a coastal defense fort first used during the Spanish American War, this museum outlines the the history of Tybee Island as an integral part of America's coastal defense system. Don't miss the WWII submarine periscope located just inside the entrance.
- Fort Pulaski, ☎ (912) 786-5787, . 9AM - 5:30PM. An imposing Civil War era fort designed to protect the coastal region of Savannah. The fort was the site of a siege battle between the Confederates who usurped the fort and Union soldiers determined to take it over. The 7.5 foot solid brick walls still feature cannon fire damage. $3.
- Fat Tire Bikes, 1405 Butler Ave (Near 14th Street), ☎ (912) 786-4013. Rent bikes to see the island at a relaxed pace. Can also call ahead to have bikes delivered to where you're staying.
- AJ's Dockside Restaurant, 1315 Chatham Avenue, ☎ (912) 786-9533, . 11AM - 10PM. Great neighborhood setting on the back river. Serves seafood outside on a dock which is the setting for some spectacular sunsets.
- The Crab Shack, 40 Estill Hammock Road, ☎ 866-789-2722, . Laid back seafood restaurant with extravagant decorations and a zany atmosphere. Be sure to buy some gator food to feed the live alligators! ~$15.
- Sundae Cafe, 304 1st Street (at the corner of Hwy 80 & Jones Avenue), ☎ 912-786-7694, . Fine dining featuring both traditional southern dishes and seafood.