| || |
* The '''Two Harbors General Store''' is about the only source of goods and foods
in the West End of Catalina. It is open year-round. |+|
* The '''Two Harbors General Store''' is about the only source of goods and foods the of Catalina. It is open year-round.
| || |
Revision as of 23:30, 19 March 2009
Two Harbors is a small village with a population of 150 that lies right on the isthmus of Santa Catalina island. Two Harbors is a popular boating destination for Angelenos due to its protective natural cove. Yet, it provides isolation in a beautiful natural setting. It can be used as a base for other activities, such as kayaking, diving and hiking.
Two Harbors is accessible by private boats or via the ferry from Long Beach or San Pedro.
The three most popular options are: kayak, bicycle and feet. There is also a back country day tour available for rental using a Hummer for transportation on the west end's dirt roads. A Safari Bus (passenger van) provides intra-island transportation to Avalon, Santa Catalina Airport, Little Harbor, and the trailhead at Black Jack Junction.
- Camping at Hermit Gulch, Little Harbor, Blackjack, Parson's Landing and Two Harbors. More info
- The Two Harbors General Store is about the only source of goods and foods on the west end of Catalina. It is open year-round.
- Harbor Reef Restaurant open year-round in Two Harbors. Tel. (310) 510-4233
- West End Galley for quick and casual sandwiches and snacks
- Banning House Lodge, (310) 510-2800, 11-room inn with rooms ranging from $125 (off season) to over $250 (peak season).
- Catalina Cabins, (310) 510-2800 economical accommodations available from November through April.
WikiPedia:Two Harbors, California