Tvøroyri is one of the largest towns in Suðuroy.
Tvøroyri is the largest town in Suðuroy. In order to get to Tvøroyri, one must take the ferry Smyril M/S from Tórshavn. There are 2-3 departures every day. You can find time scedule for the ferry on the website of Strandferðslan .
- Hvannhagi, (Follow a narrow street above the town, find the sign and follow the cairns.). A beautiful place north east of the town Tvøroyri. There is a lake there and a valley, which is sourrounded by high mountains. Hvannhage has won a price.
- Gallery Oyggin (Gallarí Oyggin), Sjógøta 184, ☎ +298 371669, . The Gallery Oyggin (Island Gallery) is situated on the mainstreet in Tvøroyri. The owner is Palle Julsgart, who is an artist himself. He has made many sculptures, which are placed in the garden around the gallery or on the square opposite of the gallery. The Oyggin Gallery has shifting exhibitions with guest exhibitors from the Faroe Islands and from other countries. Palle Julsgart is also a painter and exhibits his art as well in the gallery.
- Museum of Tvøroyri, The Doctor's House (Doktarahúsið, Bygdarsavn), Tvørávegur (In the center of the town on the main road, near Doktaragøta.), ☎ +298 611080. This museum tells the local history of Tvøroyri and the area around Tvøroyri. It is a historical and maritime museum. The building is one of the fist, which was built in Tvøroyri, built in 1852. The villages around Tvøroyri, Frodba and Trongisvagur are older settlements. There are many interesting items and photos in the museum. Contact the local Tourist Information if you wish to visit the museum, it is open on request and on Sunday afternoon 13-15.
- Hotel Tvøroyri - Restaurant and Pizzeria, Miðbrekkan 5, ☎ +298 371171. The restaurant is open at noon, from 12:00 - 13:30. They serve a warm meal "course of the day". In the evening the restaurant is open from 18:00 - 20:00. The Pizzeria is in the basement, it is open Friday and Saturday 17:30-22:30 and Sunday 18:00-21:30.
- The Thomsen Pub&Café (Kgl. Handil Pub&Kafé), Havnarlagi 36 (In the Harbor of Tvøroyri), ☎ +371856, . The Pub & Café of the Thomsen family has an interesting history and is also a museum. It was the first house which was built in Tvøroyri in 1836 and it was a Royal Danish Monopoly Shop at that time. 20 years later the Monopoly was over and a Dane called Thomas Frederik Thomsen bought the Shop and the storage houses. The Faroese word for Shop is Krambúð, there is a sign saying Krambúðin on this building. Open every day.
- Hotel Tvøroyri, Miðbrekkan 5, ☎ +298 371171. *** Hotel Tvøroyri is in the center of the town. 5 double, 4 single and 5 twin rooms. Some of the rooms have shared bathroom, but most of them have private bathrooms. There is a restaurant on the hotel. Breakfast is included in the price. A bar is on the hotel, in the weekends they serve pizzas in the bar.
- Guesthouse undir Heygnum (Gistingarhúsið undir Heygnum), Undir Heygnum 32 (Around 200 meters from the center of the town. The mainroad splits into two roads, take the right one, where the farmacy is and continue strait ahead a few hundred metres.), ☎ +298 372046, . The Guesthouse undir Heygnum is near the centre of Tvøroyri, it takes just 5 min. to walk to shops, restaurants, museums etc. The guesthouse has beautiful surroundings and its own boat bridge and boat. Safety equipment and fishing equipment is available, BBQ is also available. The owner is a retired skipper; he might take you on a boat trip, if he finds the time. He is also the owner of a nice café in Fámjin, and he might take you there or he could tell you how to get there. The guesthouse has three floors, and it has 9 bedrooms: Two double, 5 twin, 1 triple and one single room. Toilets and showers are shared; there are two on the top floor, one on the 1st floor and 1 on the ground floor. Most of the rooms have sea view. There is a nice terrace around the guesthouse. On the 1st floor there is a large kitchen with dining table and a nice living room with TV set with many channels. There is a television in all the rooms with the local Faroese channel. Wireless internet is available. Laundry is on the ground floor (self service). There is no staff in the guesthouse, but the owners live nearby.
- Guesthouse Midbrekkan (Gistingarhúsið Miðbrekkan), Miðbrekkan 12, ☎ +298 228505. The Guesthouse in Miðbrekka is in the centre of Tvøroyri. The Guesthouse is in the 1st and 2nd floor. On 1st floor are 3 double rooms, kitchen and sitting room with television and radio, two toilets and two showers. On the 2nd floor are 7 single rooms, kitchen and sitting room with television and radio, three toilets and three bathrooms with shower. There is wireless internet in the Guesthouse Miðbrekkan.
- Self Catering Holiday Homes (Kunningarstovan, Tourist Information), Tvørávegur 37, ☎ +298 611080, . The Tourist Information in Tvøroyri rents out holiday homes and cottages in Tvøroyri, Trongisvágur, Froðba, Hvalba, Sandvík and Fámjin. Most of the houses are former family homes, which now are rented out for tourists.