| || |
| || |
Revision as of 13:25, 4 June 2011
Tunja is a city in northeast Colombia and the capital of the Boyacá department.
The bus terminal is located at the bottom of the hill where the main plaza is. Collectivos to the surrounding cities leave from upstairs.
- From Bogotá : 17,000 COP / 2h30. Buses leave from the terminal, but it may be faster and more convenient to catch one at Portal del Norte.
- From Cocuy National Park : 25,000 COP / 9h
- From San Gil : 20,000 COP / 4 h
- From Sogamoso : 7,000 COP / 1h30
- From Villa de Leyva : 5,500 COP / 1 h / 39 km
- Unicentro, Av Universitaria #39-77. The largest mall in Tunja.
- La Buona Vita, Carrera 9 #23-45, ☎ 7422198. Mon-Sat 12:00-21:30, Sun 12:00-16:00. Italian restaurant with great handmade pastas. $20.000 per plate.
- Bruder Pub, Kra 9 #21-89, ☎ 7443444, . Microbrewery and pub, good beer and good food at very affordable prices. $8.000 per Liter.
Bogotá is 2 to 3 hours away, $17.000.
Villa de Leyva, one of the nicest colonial towns in Colombia, is 45 minutes to an hour away, take a minibus from the terminal, $6.000.
Paipa has a natural hot springs, with waterpark and spa. 45 minutes by bus, $4.000.
San Gil is the capital of extreme sports in Colombia, and is 4 hours away.