Tsuruga(敦賀) is a city in Fukui prefecture.
Tsuruga City has been known as a natural good seaport since a long time ago and it is a seaport town flourished as a sea gateway to foreign cultures. Even now, foreign containerships and high-speed ferries are in services, and people and goods are being carried via Tsuruga port.
- Shin-Nihonkai Ferry (新日本海フェリー), . This ferry has lines connecting daily to Otaru and Akita, and to Niigata 3 times a week.
- Frequent train connections, for example Ltd. Express Thunderbird JR West  - 1:20 hours from Osaka, 1:00 hour from Kyoto.
After arrival useful information on local transportation and sights can be received in the Tourist information center located inside Tsuruga JR station, Tel. (0770)21-8686.
- Tsuruga Tunnel Hot Springs, Mukaide, 41 Yoshiko, Tsuruga City 914-0024. The hot spring was discovered during a railway tunnel digging. An indoor (and partially outdoor) spa is located on a hill and bathers can enjoy a beautiful view of the town and Tsuruga bay. It can be reached from JR Tsuruga station by a Fukutetsu Bus bound for Tunnel Onsen. Get of at "Tunnel Onsen" stop.
- Matsumoto comic characters statues. About twenty bronze statues of characters and scenes from the popular anime and manga by Leiji Matsumoto  are scattered across the downtown. The statues, each perhaps four or five feet tall, were erected in 1999.
- Kehi no Matsubara. Kehi no Matsubara is recreational area along the Tsuruga bay. It combines a large pine grove with a white sand beach, very popular with swimmers in summer season.
Tsuruga is one of the main fishing ports along the Sea of Japan. Visitors can enjoy freshly caught seafood at local markets, sushi shops and restaurants. Famous seafood delicacies include “Tsuruga blowfish” and “Echizen crab” in winter season.