| || |
| || |
Revision as of 07:02, 23 February 2007
Tsetserleg (also spelt Tsetserlik, Tsetserlig or Cècèrlèg) is the capital of Arkhangai province.
The town is located in a beautiful forested valley in the Khangay mountains; it has a population of around 20,000, and is generally considered to be the pleasantest among Mongolia's provicial capitals.
Aero Mongolia  operates several flights a week from Ulaanbaatar.
Buses for Tsetserleg leave from the Dragon bus station in Ulaanbaatar at 8AM on Mon, Wed, and Fri. Tickets must be purchased a day in advance.
Tseterleg isn't very big. The city center and most accomendations are in walking distance of the various attractions. If you don't want to walk, stand on the side of the road and stick your hand out. It won't belong before a car stops. Expect to pay between 500 and 2,000 T for rides around town.
- Buyandelgeruulekh Monastery - the town's main monastery
- Zayain Khüree Monastery - converted into a museum.
- Aimag Museum
- Attend an opera performance at the town's theater.
- woolen items made by local people.
- There are a few stores near the bakery.
- The town has a small art shop selling the work of local artists.
- The town has a good bakery.
- Hotel Zamchin Tel+976 1332 22274 - reasonably modern hotel - very popular, though a little far from the center of town
- Hotel Tsetserleg
- Hotel Naran Tel:+976 1332 9933 2900 - very clean with large rooms.
- The Japanese managed resort of Tsenger Hot Springs