Troncones, or ' Playa Troncones', is a small coastal town located on the Pacific Coast of Mexico in the state of Guerrero.
By car, Troncones is about 45 minutes from Zihuatanejo. Negotiate with a Taxi before you get in, but a Taxi will usually charge about USD$70 from the airport. Alternatively, there are frequent buses that head north on the highway from Zihuatanejo. If you board one of these, ask the driver to drop you off at the turn off to Troncones, and then take a colectivo to the township. This is a much cheaper option.
Most things are within walking distance in Troncones, but 'colectivos' run up and down the beach from Troncones to Majagua, and from Troncones to the highway for 5 pesos per passenger.
Enjoy all kinds of activities on the town's three mile stretch of nearly empty beach. Spend the day splashing around, boogie boarding and/or body surfing. Take long walks, runs, or horseback rides on the playa. Or just relax in the hammock, read, and recharge your batteries.
Learn to surf on Troncones beach and/or tackle one of the many nearby surf breaks, including Saladita, a.k.a. “The Wave Machine” (a great spot for beginners and long boarders). Local ecotour companies provide additional entertainment and exercise. Surfboards, stand up paddle boards, bikes and ATV's can all be rented in town. For the more contemplative, Troncones offers daily yoga, meditation, and chi gong classes—all with a stunning ocean view.
Nearby Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo serve up a cornucopia of more urban entertainments—shopping, nightclubs, movie theatres, amusement parks, dolphinariums, etc.—even miniature golf.
- Present Moment Retreat, (Head North at the T, PMR is 500 meters on the beach side of the road.). 8am - 10pm daily. Gorgeous setting, amazing food. Using an extraordinary combination of local ingredients and creative curiosity PMR offers some of the most complex, tantalizing and memorable cuisine on the coast.
- Rufies, (one street south from the basketball court, you may need to ask somebody). This restaurant is mostly visited by locals, but offers tasty local dishes at a really good price. Brush up on your spanish before you go, as there are no menus and the waitress will quickly tell you what they are offering that night. Don't miss this place if you are after a unique Mexican experience.
- Café del Sol. Affordable breakfasts & deli sandwiches. Evening bar and grill setting with fresh seafood, etc. Wood fired pizza in high season.
- Roberto's Bistro.
- Tropic of Cancer.
- Burro Borracho (Drunken donkey), (south of the t-junction on the beach). Open air restaurant owned and operated by Vladamir. Friendly englishspeaking staff. Good food for a good price. Mexican folk dancing on Sundays during peak tourist season
- Present Moment Retreat, (Head North at the T, PMR is 500 meters on the beach side of the road.). 8am - 10pm daily. PMR has the most complete bar on the beach... by far. With over 30 different tequilas, and a full cocktail bar, you'll find what you're looking for. Happy hour includes 2x1 drinks and is every day from 5pm - 7pm.
- Present Moment Retreat. Our eleven private bungalows are the perfect antidote to the chaos of everyday life. Each unique bungalow is dedicated to one of the values that we hold in the highest regard. Authenticity was imperative in the construction of every inch of Present Moment. Thus, all bungalows have an indigenous palapa thatched roof, hand-crafted in the Mexican tradition, and are furnished with a pillow top queen-sized beds, luxurious 400 count cotton bedding and a canopy of white linen. 
- Casa De Oro, House Of Gold Sleeps 8-10 people. Private villa estate at the end of Troncones Beach, email@example.com 707 765-0557 
- Quinta D'Liz, . Small double bungalows on the beach usd$50/night.
- Al Lado del Mar Vacation Home (firstname.lastname@example.org). An architectural gem, right on the sea, suitable for a couple that wants to get away from it all in luxurious surroundings. Sleep under a 'cathedral' of palapa construction while enjoying all the modern conveniences.
- Troncones Vacation Rentals, . Listings information for Hotels, B&B's and Vacation Rentals in and around Troncones.
- Casa Majahua, tel: +1 415-533-6342, . Eco-friendly beach villa with infinity pool and swim-up bar.
- Troncones Point Surf Club and Hostel, Troncones Point (3km north of the Troncones T follow the blue SURF HOSTEL signs), ☎ +52 553-2886, . checkin: 4; checkout: 2. About 20 miles north of Ixtapa, and Zihuatanejo, on Mexico's gorgeous Pacific coast, is a small gathering of surf spots known as ondas hermosas. We built our retreat in the heart of this area, removed from the tourist hustle and steps from the sand. Like the locale, the Club has a relaxed, natural atmosphere, but also offers state-of-the-art amenities and full-service comfort. Between the nearby waves, sunshine-soaked surroundings and easy sense of equilibrio, Troncones Point Surf Club has become a true paradise. Designed to coexist with nature, the Troncones Point Surf Club has tropical landscaping and amazing vistas. It's also completely private, with enclosed grounds and natural energy features that support the environment. We utilize a grey water system, and the latest technology in composting toilets. Despite the independence of Troncones, Manzanillo Bay rests only a few paces from the gates so you're never far from the azure Pacific. With a mere 100 feet separating you from the water, there's an endless array of surfing, boogie boarding, swimming, sea kayaking, snorkeling, body surfing, tide pooling and fishing to enjoy at your leisure. The Club houses one full apartment, Casa Cielo, with a complete, fully equipped kitchen, private bath, and a separate patio. Casa de la Tierra offers a group style living in bunk beds for the budget traveler. The club boasts daily maid service and is stocked with the necessary housekeeping and kitchen niceties to make your stay as easy and comfortable as possible. Casa Colibri (House of the Hummingbird) so named for the amazing diversity of hummingbirds darting around the Palapa, is the heart of our community. Casa Colibri also offers incredible views of the point, the Sierra Madre del Sur sunsets and mountains, as well as serving cold food and beverages to our guests. The Kitchen is avaliable for use by our guests who choose to stay in our group style options. 300.00MXN. (17.793375,-101.745908)
- Casa Oasis, 1 mile north of bridge, ☎ email@example.com, . checkin: 3:00; checkout: 1:00. Breezy beachfront hideaway with panoramic ocean views. Brand new spacious 1 bedroom flat sleeps 3-5. Full kitchen, dining living room—all with views. Great swimming beach in front and advanced surf break nearby. Weekly rates available. Super Summer Special: $135 a nite, double occupancy. 135/double.
Troncones offers many different activities and adventures. However the night life is mostly reserved for Present Moment Retreat and Cafe Sol. Present Moment hosts Juanito Zihua's Salsa Trio every Saturday Night from 8pm - 10pm. There are great surf camps in this area as well as many, many empty surf breaks waiting for a board. Nearby is a huge cave system, great to check out some of mexico amazing wildlife. Snorkeling Directly off troncones point is some of the best in the area. A public access to this area is located directly in front of Troncones Point Surf Club and Hostel, they also offer snorkel rentals, and cheap surf trips to many of the nearby surf spots.
There are a number of safe swimming areas, the best being directly in front of Hacienda Eden (the food is excellent as well) although always watch for riptides as they can get strong sometimes. Small children should not be in the water without supervision as it is open Pacific coast and large waves may come even on a very calm day.
Rent a bike, learn to surf, go tidepool hunting, take a nap in a hammock. Troncones is a great place just to lay around