Torquay is a city in Victoria, Australia.
Located at the eastern end of the Great Ocean Road, Torquay is a famous surfing spot, with Quiksilver and Rip Curl headquartered here and Bells Beach just around the corner.
Torquay is 97 km south of Melbourne, 22 km south of Geelong and 253 km east of Warrnambool at the other end of the Great Ocean Road.
- Tiger Moth World Adventure Flights, Torquay Airport, 325 Blackgate Rd, Torquay (7min NE of Torquay township), ☎ 03 5261 5100, . 9am to 5pm. Step back in time and climb aboard an authentic World War 2 open cockpit Tiger Moth. Also an adventure park at the site.
- Cafe Moby, 41 The Esplanade.
- Imperial Rhino, Shop 3/15 Bell St, . Famously eclectic eatery serving up both "bush tucker" (somewhat touristy super-Australian) and Asian fusion.
- Scorched, 17, The Esplanade, ☎ 5261 6142, . W-Th from 3PM, F-Su from 10.30AM. Seasonal grazing food to share. Vanessa and James invite you to join them at Scorched their Torquay beach fronted restaurant. Clean, fresh flavours enjoyed in stylish, casual surrounds. Food, coffee and wine available. Bookings essential. $$$.
- Crowne Plaza Torquay, 100 The Esplanade, .
- Peppers The Sands Resort, 2 Sands Boulevarde, ☎ 03 5264 3333, . Offers premium golf resort accommodation, just minutes from the beautiful beaches of Torquay. Perched on the north headland of Torquay, the modern, sleek design of Peppers The Sands Resort, provides a stunning environment to retreat and relax. Comprising two interconnecting, three level buildings, the design offers privacy and breathtaking views over the surrounding Whites Beach and Sands Golf Course. $$+.