Midtown is a district in Toronto. It is roughly defined as bounded by Bloor Street to the south, Lawrence Avenue to the north, Oakwood Avenue to the west and Bayview Avenue to the east. The intersection of Yonge and Eglinton is the heart of Midtown.
Midtown isn't an area with a large number of museums, theatres, or other tourist attractions. The best way to enjoy it is to pretend that you live there, and enjoy the shops, restaurants, and cafes that the area has.
Taking the Yonge Subway Line to St. Clair, Davisville, Eglinton, or Lawrence station will put you in Midtown Toronto.
- The Ontario Science Center  allows you to explore science (mainly aimed towards children ~8-14) in a fun and exciting way.
- Alexander Muir Memorial Gardens, east side of Yonge Street, just south of Lawrence Avenue (Subway: Lawrence), +1 416 392-8188. Nice rose gardens. The gardens provide access to the Blythwood Ravine and Sherwood Park, which are forested areas with trails that are good for running or a leisurely walk.
- Mount Pleasant Cemetery, 375 Mount Pleasant Road (Subway: Davisville), +1 416 485-9129. The cemetary has miles of walking paths and is the resting place of many famous people, including former prime minister William Lyon Mackenzie King, pianist Glenn Gould, the co-discoverers of insulin Frederick Banting and Charles Best, and Timothy Eaton.
- The Yonge-Eglinton Centre is the most conveniently located mall, though, much smaller than the Eaton Centre and lacking much of the Big Box Retailers downtown.
- Lawrence Square is a decently sized mall, not usually frequented by tourists. Get off at Lawrence West Station.
- Yonge St. from Eglinton to Briar Hill Ave has large retailers as well as luxurious jewelry shops.
- Mt. Pleasant south of Eglinton has a number of interesting craft shops.
- Bayview Ave south of Eglinton forms its own little village with distinct cafes and hobby shops.
There are a lot of restaurant choices in Midtown, ranging from some of Toronto's best (and priciest) restaurants to neighbourhood establishments where the locals regularly gather. Midtown also has some of the best pastry shops in the city.
- Le Comptoir de Celestin, 623 Mount Pleasant, +1 416 544 1733. W-Sa 7:30AM-7PM, Su 8:30AM-5PM. Excellent croissants, especially the chocolate ones. No seating.
- Jules Patisserie, 617 Mount Pleasant, +1 416 481-1666. Yummy croque monsieur. Good almond croissants and friendly service. Limited seating, cafeteria-like atmosphere.
- Rahier Patisserie, 1586 Bayview Avenue (two blocks south of Eglinton Ave.), +1 416 482-0917. W-F 8AM-5PM, Sa 8AM-4PM, Su 8AM-3PM. Excellent croissants.
- Patisserie La Cigogne, 1626 Bayview Avenue, +1 416 487-1234.
- Good Bite Restaurant, 2463 Yonge Street, +1 416 483-8432, . Cheap American diner, surprisingly good food. Daily, 7AM-10PM.
- Granite Brewery, 245 Eglinton Ave East (SE corner of Eglinton and Mt Pleasant, free underground parking off Mt Pleasant), +1 416 322-0723, . M 11:30AM-Midnight, Tu-Sa 11:30AM-1AM, Su 11AM-Midnight. Beer brewed in house. Entrees $10.50-20.95.
- Hollywood Gelato, 1640 Bayview Avenue (south of Eglinton Ave.), +1 416 544-9829. Excellent gelato.
- Il Gelatiere, 647 Mt Pleasant Avenue (south of Eglinton Ave.), +1 416 488-2663. Closed Mondays. Excellent gelato.
- Sushi Rock Cafe, 2329 Yonge Street (just north of Eglinton Ave.), +1 416 483-3888. Fantastic sushi. $10-20 a meal.
- Tabüle, 2009 Yonge Street (just north of Davisville), +1 416 483-3747, . Great Middle Eastern. Try the $9 lunch combo plate (hummus, babaganuj, tabule and falafel). Reservations recommended.
- Thai House, Eglinton and Dufferin. Lousy decor. Astonishing Tom Som Gai.
- Centro Grill and Wine Bar, 2472 Yonge Street, +1 416 483-2211. Fancy restaurant where celebrities often eat when they're in town. Reservation required. Expect at least $100/person.
- North 44, 2537 Yonge Street, +1 416 487-4897. M-Sa: 5PM-midnight. Very pricey.
- Zucca Trattoria, 2150 Yonge Street (just south of Eglinton Avenue), (416) 488-5774, . Homemade pasta, seasonal Italian menu.
To say that there are very few accommodation options in the area would be an understatement. It's better to choose a downtown hotel and travel to midtown.
- Best Western Roehampton Hotel, 808 Mount Pleasant Road (at Eglinton Avenue), +1 416 487-5101 or 1 800 387-8899, . Fitness center, heated rooftop pool. Near two large high schools. Expect to pay at least $100.00/night.
Northern District Library, 40 Orchard View Blvd (just off Yonge, one block north of Eglinton). +1 416 393-7610. Computers with internet access.