Topsail Beach is a city in Pender County, on the North Carolina Coastal Plain. Topsail Island is located halfway between Wilmington and Jacksonville, NC. (about 25 miles from either city). Topsail Island consists of three Island towns: Surf City, Topsail Beach Beach, & North Topsail Beach.
Most visitors come by car.
- Holly Ridge Airport (for small aircraft), (910) 329-4751.
Albert J. Ellis Airport, Jacksonville, (910) 324-3001.
- Wilmington International Airport, Wilmington, (910) 341-4125.
You'll need a car to get to the island of course, and most probably to get around during your stay. There is a well maintained bicycle path that runs from Surf City to the southern end of the island.
- Topsail Island Museum Missiles and More, 720 Channel Boulevard, +1 910 329-4446, . Located within the Assembly Building in Topsail Beach and is operated under the auspices of the Historical Society of Topsail Island. Museum Hours: Apr-mid Oct - Mo,Tu,Th,Fr,Sa 2-4PM. Closed We and Su. Other times by appointment. Nov-March - Visitation by appointment only, including group tours. Arrangements for visits may be made by calling the Chamber of Commerce. Admission is free; donations accepted.
- The Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Rescue and Rehabilitation Center, 822 Carolina Ave, . Visiting Hours: Everyday except W & Su 2-4PM.
- Town of Topsail Beach, . The official Town of Topsail Beach Website.
First and foremost, enjoy the beautiful white sandy beaches and the blue ocean waters. Topsail Island is known as a fisherman's paradise because of its rocky ocean floors. Visit here all year around, because each season brings special to your vacation needs.
- Topsail Island Trading Company, . Locally owned and operated, this little store sells clothing, jewelery, and a variety of little knickknacky beach souvenirs, though a little more upscale than other souvenir shops. But homemade butter and cream fudge is the real draw to this place, with over 100 flavors made fresh on the premises daily, and they are more than happy to give out samples.. The fudge is a little on the pricey side, but worth it. They also offer online ordering and shipping on their website. $$.
- Hunga Bunga Java, M&M Plaza, Surf City, NC, ☎ 910-328-JAVA, . This independently owned coffee hut features Fair Trade coffee, amazingly friendly staff, and great frozen coffee and fruit drinks. They are happy to make custom drinks to order or give suggestions if you're having trouble deciding. Make sure to write a few words in their community journal/log book kept on a table by the door. $.
Rentals are a popular lodging option.