| || |
| || |
Revision as of 10:32, 1 February 2011
Tiree is the westernmost island of the Inner Hebrides.
- Scarinish, from which ferries sail to Arinagour on Coll and to Oban on the mainland.
- Crossapol where 'Tiree Airport is located.
- Other settlements include Hynish and Sandaig, which boast museums.
The island is approximately 12 miles (19km) long and 3 miles (5km) wide. The terrain is mostly flat and it enjoys a mild climate with average annual hours of sunshine well above the average for the UK.
- Flybe (operated by Loganair), . Flights operate at least twice daily (weekdays only in winter) to Tiree airport (TRE) from Glasgow International (GLA), which has good domestic and international connections.
- Caledonian MacBrayne, . Sail to Tiree from Oban, with most sailings also serving the island of Coll. The crossing takes about 4 hours. Daily sailings in summer (Apr-Oct); Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun only in winter. One sailing per day plus on some days the Oban - Barra boat also calls at Tiree.
Windsurfing, Kiting, SUP, Surf Board Hire and Sandyatching are all available through Wild Diamond.
The Loch on tiree is an ideal place to take your first steps as a Windsurfer