- This article is an itinerary.
Itinerary is in East Sussex.
The 10 mile (14.5 km) route runs from Forest Row in the west close to the River Medway in Ashdown Forest towards Groombridge in the east the path runs along the route of the old East Grinstead to Tunbridge Wells railway (and the path continues to East Grinstead and Crawley to the West) the path passes thorugh many villages, such as Hartfield, from which refreshments are provided in a local pub. Forest row is more like a small town, with shops and servies. bike hire is also avaliable at Forest Row.
Have a well maintained bike and a puncture repair kit etc; since there are limited bike shops and at certian times of the day and at certian bits of the route traffic can be a bit sparse
- By Car: Parking is present in Froest Row, Hartfield and semi on-road parking is at Groombridge
- By Train: Ashurst station (on the 'Uckfield Line' from London) is nearby or East Grinstead Station, also from London
- By Bus: route 291 passes parralel to the path; the timtable with route 54 passing through Forest Row Very few (if any) bikes are allowed on buses, horses similary are excluded
The path is suitable for walkers and horse riders too, but it is recomeneded that you follow the following points:
- cyclists should give way to walkers, horses and people with disabilities.
Please use a bell but be aware that people may not hear or see you.
- horse riders – no galloping please
- take care crossing nearby roads
- keep a reasonable speed, and slow down at junctions and bends.
The route also links up with the Cuckoo Trail and forms part fo the cycle route from London to Paris via Newhaven