| || |
|−|==Stay safe== |+|
| || |
Revision as of 13:24, 11 March 2010
Telemark is a county in East Norway.
- Skien - a town where the famous author Henrik Ibsen was born
- Porsgrunn - a town with a yearly street theater festival.
- Notodden - holds a yearly blues festival in August.
- Kragerø - a seaside town which attracts many tourists in summer.
- Brevik - a seaside town with a bacallao festival.
- Langesund - a seaside town with many concerts at Wrightegaarden in summer, also has a fish festival and a sea shanty festival.
- Rjukan - a town deep in a valley that the sun doesn't reach there during winter. Also the home of the Industrial workers museum and the heavy water sabotage mission during WWII
- Bø i Telemark - a small village in the heart of Telemark. Major attraction is Bø Sommerland.
- Gaustadtoppen - The highest mountain in south Norway.
- Rauland - Mountain Village in Vinje, Telemark.
- Haukeli - Mountain Village in East of Vinje, Telemark. Huge skidestination during winter.
By air: Telemark is served by two airports with scheduled flights, Skien Geiteryggen Airport and Notodden Airport.
By car: E18, the main road of Eastern and Southern Norway, passes through Telemark in the districts of Porsgrunn, Bamble and Kragerø.
Ibsen's Venstøp, Skien - The place where the world-famous writer Henrik Ibsen was born.
- Telemarkskanalen (The Telemark Canal). Telemarkskanalen was hewn out of the rocks by hand, and stretches 105 km from Skien to Dalen in west and to Notodden in east. The Canal consists og eight locks with a total of 18 lock chambers, and a difference in height of 72 metres. The first part was completed in 1861 (Norsjø -Skien) and the Bandak Canal in 1892.
Bø Sommermotell  offers cheap accommodation close to the center of Bø in Telemark and is situated only few minutes to drive from Bo Sommarland , one of the biggest aqua parks in Skandinavia, and is situated near the Telemark Canal. Hear you will find apartments of different sizes in green and child-friendly surroundings facing west against the evening sun and the beautiful Lifjell mountains.