| || |
| || |
Revision as of 15:49, 17 July 2009
Telemark is a county in East Norway.
- Porsgrunn - a town with a yearly street theater festival.
- Notodden - holds a yearly blues festival in August.
- Kragerø - a seaside town which attracts many tourists in summer.
- Brevik - a seaside town with a bacallao festival.
- Langesund - a seaside town with many concerts at Wrightegaarden in summer, also has a fish festival and a sea shanty festival.
- Rjukan - a town deep in a valley that the sun doesn't reach there during winter. Also the home of the Industrial workers museum and the heavy water sabotage mission during WWII
- Gaustadtoppen. The highest mountain in south Norway.
- Rauland. Mountain Village in Vinje, Telemark.
- Haukeli. Mountain Village in East of Vinje, Telemark. Huge skidestination during winter.
By air: Telemark is served by two airports with scheduled flights, Skien Geiteryggen Airport and Notodden Airport.
By car: E18, the main road of Eastern and Southern Norway, passes through Telemark in the districts of Porsgrunn, Bamble and Kragerø.
Ibsen's Venstøp, Skien - The place where the world-famous writer Henrik Ibsen was born.