|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
| || |
|−|===San Ramon, La Merced... la selva=== | |
|−|this will be moving to a page for La Merced shortly.... | |
|−|*<see name="Cataratas de Bayoz" alt="" address="" directions="" phone="" email="" url="" hours="" price="" lat="" long="">Waterfalls</see> | |
|−|*<see name="Catarata del Tirol" alt="" address="" directions="11° 08' 15 S 75° 19' 53 W" phone="" email="" url="" hours="" price="" lat="-11.1375" long="-75.3314">Waterfall. Close to San Ramon, about 5km up a dirt road on the right hand side just past the fork in the road for San Ramon and La Merced.</see> | |
|−|*<see name="Ducha del Diablo" alt="" address="" directions=" 11° 10' 21 S 75° 27' 06 W" phone="" email="" url="" hours="" price="" lat="-11.1725" long="-75.4517">Very close to Velo de la Novia, another waterfall which can be seen on the road to San Ramon, near the bridge named Pan de Azucar.</see> | |
|−| | |
| || |
Revision as of 06:27, 30 October 2012
Tarma is a town in Southern Sierra (more specifically, in the province of Tarma, in the department of Junin), Peru. Also known as Santa Ana de la Ribera de Tarma, the Pearl of the Andes and the City of Flowers.
A little over 3000 meters above sea level, Tarma has a lot to offer, ruins, caves, waterfalls and just a short distance to Jungle.
Currently this page refers to Tarma and the surrounding towns in the province of the same name (Tarma). Tarma is the largest town in the province, however many of the smaller towns have facilities such as hostels and banks.
Towns in the province of Tarma;
Tarma, Huaricolca, Leticia, Acobamba, Palcamayo, San Pedro de Cajas, Huasahuasi, Palca, Tapo.
- Huancayo three hours
- La Oroya is 58km south west of Tarma.
- Lima Bus six hours S/.25.00, Mininvan five hours S/.40.00.
- Wilcashmarca. Ruins of buildings.
- Yanamarca (Quechua for Black Town), (11° 20' 9 S 75° 41' 45 W). Chanca culture, ruins of a three story building. (-11.3358,-75.6958)
- Museo de la Cultura, Corner of Jr. Dos de Mayo and Jr. Arequipa. A great first stop as they'll give you an excellent map of Tarma and surrounding areas for free. Currently free entry and guided tour.
- Festival of Flowers. September
- Festival del Huayco tarmeño. November
- Plaza de Armas. Features a nice fountain and palms.
- Semana Santa. Easter, beautiful floral displays.
- Tarmatambo (Collcas de Tarmatambo), (11º 28' 36 S 75º 41' 07 W). Stone buildings and terraces. (-11.4767,-75.6853)
- Pintish Machay (Guardianes de Mamahuari Huaricolca), Near Huaricolca, head towards Tarmatambo and keep going. (11° 32' 22 S 75° 39' 16 W). Cave featuring ancient paintings. (-11.5394,-75.6544)
- Kutumarca. Ruins, round stone structure.
San Pedro de Cajas
- Gruta de Huagapo (Quechua for Cavern that cries), (11º 16' 08 S 75º 47' 04 W). Possibly the largest cave in Peru. There are also ancient paintings here. About 27km from Tarma just past the town of Palcamayo. Take the road towards Junin. (-11.2689,-75.7844)
- Gruta de Pacupa Huain. Cave near San Pedro de Cajas
- Santuario Nacional Pampa Hermosa. Tropical/subtropical jungle, waterfalls, Yungas. About 100km from Tarma near San Ramon. Much closer to San Ramon than Tarma but San Ramon doesn't have a wikitravel page yet.
- Laguna de Cocon. Heading east from Palcamayo there is a trail leading past the ruins of Llaumanpata and onto Laguna de Cocon, about 10km each way.
- Los Mejorcito de Tarma, Av. Arequipa 501, Tarma, ☎ (064) 31 7329.
- Salón Odria, Av. Ramón Castilla 512, Tarma, ☎ (064) 321411.
- El Gallito De Oro, Jirón 2 De Mayo, 501, Tarma, ☎ (64) 323019.
- El Pollo Stop, Avenida Ramón Castilla, 512, Tarma, ☎ (064) 321411. Has a kids playground and outdoor eating area.
- Hot N' Tender, Jirón Lima, 730, Tarma, ☎ (064) 32 4220. Chicken, Chips, Salad.
- Pachamanca Earth oven baked meat and vegies.
- Picante de Cuy Spicy Guinea Pig.
- Trucha Trout.
- Aruba, Jirón Moquegua 452, ☎ 064 322057. Hot water, private bathrooms, cable TV
- El Dorado, Jirón Huánuco 488, ☎ 064 321914 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Continental breakfast, Internet, room service, hot water, private bathrooms, cable TV. These guys also have a good range of tours from S/.30.00 to S/.65.00
- Municipalidad Provincial de Tarma, .
- Hospital Félix Mayorca Soto, Av. Pacheco 362, Tarma, ☎ (064) 32 1401 or (064) 32 1400.
- Policia Nacional del Peru, ☎ 321 921.
- Junin Take the road about 75km north west from Tarma, ascending around 1000 meters, passing Gruta de Huagapo on the way to Junin.
- La Merced
- San Ramon (Peru) Take the road about 66km north east from Tarma, descending over 2000 meters into the jungle, passing magnificent waterfalls on the way to San Ramon. San Ramon has an airstrip.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!