Tarbert is a village in Argyll and Bute,Scotland.
Tarbert and Tarbet
On the 926 bus service from Glasgow to Campbeltown, there are two stops called Tarbert and Tarbet, which is next to Loch Lomond. If you don't make it clear to the driver of the bus, you could be 50 miles away from your destination before you know it!
Tarbert is served by the Citylink  926 bus from Glasgow to Campbeltown 5 times per day. Buses often run in West Coast Motors livery. The journey may take three and a quarter hours to get to Tarbert during peak times.
- Caledonian MacBrayne,  runs the following car ferries which may be of interest:
- Portavadie to Tarbert every hour or so (daytime) daily in summer only. Together with the Gourock to Dunoon service, this provides a shorter route from Glasgow, or makes part of various circular routes. Buses  also run from Portavadie to the Isle of Bute and Dunoon (for the ferry to Gourock and the train link there to Glasgow)
- Kennacraig to Islay twice a day. Kennacraig is 6 miles South of Tarbert, and is served by the Citylink buses to Campbeltown.
- Claonaig to Lochranza (Arran) 1 1/4 hourly daily from March to October. Claonaig is about 10 to 11 miles south of Tarbert.
- Tayinloan to Gigha daily, roughly hourly. Tayinloan is 12 miles South of Tarbert, and is served by the Citylink and West Coast Motors buses to Campbeltown, but there is a 1/4 mile walk from the bus stop to the pier. The 449 bus from Lochgilphead to Campbeltown runs to the ferry terminal, though.
The village can be easily explored on foot.
- Tourist Information Office in Harbour Street open daily in summer.
- Yachts and fishing boats in the harbour
- Gardens of Stonefield Castle Hotel.
Tarbert Fair July
- Music Festival in September
Beautiful engraved glass and original artwork at the Luckenbooth Gallery
Prints and original art at Loch Fyne Gallery
Stuart Heard's original paintings
There is an excellent chippy in the Town Centre - I forget what it is called, but it is on the road to the Tarbert ferry terminal and it has a foreign (Italian?) name. Serves some of the best fish and chips ever!
- Anchorage Restaurant, Harbour street, . Best restaurant in Tarbert great seafood
- Cafebarge. Excellent licensed cafe serving vegetarian and seafood. Oh, and it is on a big old barge moored in the harbour.
Bed and Breakfast
- Dunivaig B&B, Pier Road, Tarbert, Argyll PA29 6UG, +44 1880 820896 .
- Glenorchy Villa, Pier Road, Tarbert, PA29 6UG, +44 1880 820623.
- West Loch Hotel Tarbet, Argyll, PA29 6YF, Tel: +44 1880 820283 .
- Stonefield Castle Hotel, Tarbert PA29 6YJ. Set in Gardens 2 miles from Tarbert. Expensive.
Your next stop could be Islay, Gigha, Isle of Arran, Bute, Dunoon or Oban.