| || |
There is a airport with domestic fights
.It is Binhai Airport. There is also a busy train station which is being very violent ( October 2010) with trains to many locations. Some people prefer the intercity bus service which is a less violent way to travel, two hours to Beijing, and is located near the north part of the train station. |+|
There is a airport with domestic fights . There train station which is () the intercity bus service is a to Beijing , and is located of .
| || |
bus station is located in the south part of beijing almost like compton ,the train station. Fares are usually one yuan and street maps show the routeaps and are for sale from street vendors, and book stores. |+|
The city are usually one and street maps show the . , :.
|−|There is no airport in Tangshan, but you can get off Beijing Capital Airport, becasue there has Inter-Provincial Bus[http: //www.airport-china.com/beijing-capital-airport/traffic/inter-provincial-bus.html]. Please note that Beijing departure point and Tangshan departure point. |+|
| || |
Revision as of 07:46, 11 July 2013
Tangshan (唐山; Tángshān) is a city in Hebei.
Tangshan was known for the 1976 earthquake that measured 7.8 on the richter scale that killed 255,000 residents. The city has since been rebuilt.
There is a small airport with domestic fights only. There are two train stations, one under construction but still usable as the main train station which is located in the near the downtown area (Tangshan Station) and the other train station (Tangshan North) is further away from the downtown area of the city. The intercity bus service is also a viable option for travelling to popular cities although i.e Beijing or Tianjin, the price for the bus is usually 60rmb and the bust terminal is located roughly in front of Tangshan Station.
The city buses fares are usually one and two rmb and street maps show the route maps. Also, public bus transportation stops running after 9:30pm unlike other larger cities.
- Parks. The earthquake memorial and park in the centre of town on Xinhua Road is an important focal point. There is also a museum located nearby which details the city's history and future plans. Good views of the city can be obtained from a pagoda atop of a hill in Fenghuangshan Park a short distance away on Wenhua Road at the intersection with Beixin Road. Nanhu (South) Lake Park is a large park with walkways around the lakes and is on Jianshe South Road.
- Phoenix Mountain (凤凰山 - Fènghuáng shān) - one of two 'mountains' (more like large hills) located in downtown Tangshan. Has a nice view from the top. A large Buddhist monastery is very close to the entrance. Big City Mountain is not far away, either.
- Big City Mountain (大城山 - Dacheng shan) - one of two 'mountains' (more like large hills) located in downtown Tangshan. Has a nice view from the top. Close to Phoenix Mountain.
- Earthquake Museum (抗震纪念馆). In 1986, built in Tangshan Earthquake Memorial, a comprehensive display of the Tangshan City integrated circumstance, earthquake relief, recovery construction of historical data and after20 years of Tangshan economy, society career achievement.
- Tuo Island (月坨岛). The Yuetuo Island is Laoting County in southwest Bohai Bay during the remaining of the island, due to the shape of the aria and the name. By Tuo Tuo Tuo, waist, west7islands intermittent composition, land area of 0.43 square kilometers.
- South Lake Park (南湖 - Nánhú) Centrally located2 km southwest of coal mining subsidence area. The total area of 1300hectares, surface 165 hectare. At the beginning of 1997Tangshan municipal Party committee, city hall started the implementation of ecological greening projects, planning to build here for recreation and watch the water activity in one of the large-scale comprehensive ecological park. A huge, beautiful park located downtown.
- Xifengkou Great Wall (喜峰口). Located in Qian Xi county (迁西县 - Qiānxī Xiàn) which is quite a ways from downtown Tangshan. At the Qian Xi bus station, it's roughly 47 kilometers to the Xifengkou Great Wall. Best bet is to hire a taxi for the day, expect to pay 300 kuai. Xifengkou" waterways" said Lin Lan pass, song, Liao, Jin said pine Pavilion shut. According to legend, there was one long he does not return, his father Quartet search, coincided with the child to meet here, and hold the laugh die of joy, was buried here, so named happy event meet export.
- Panjiakou Great Wall (潘家口长城 - Pān jiākǒu chángchéng) - located a ways from downtown Tangshan, this is the famous 'Great Wall underwater'. Located in Qian Xi county.
- Qing Shanguan Great Wall - located in Qian Xi county.
- Baiyangyu Great Wall - located in Qian An county.
- Li Dazhao Memorial Hall and Former Residence - located in Laoting County (乐亭县 - Làotíng Xiàn), which is a ways away from downtown Tangshan. One of the founders of the Chinese Communisty party, Li Dazhao, was born in Laoting. There are two places to visit - the Memorial Hall (Jìniànguǎn - 纪念馆) is not too far from the bus station, maybe 10 kuai for a taxi ride. Li Dazhao's former residence (Gùjū - 故居) is located roughly 18 kilometers from the bus station, in Daiheituo Village.
- Cao Xueqin Park ( 曹雪芹公园 - Cáo Xuěqín Gōngyuán) - located in Fengrun County (丰润区 - Fēngrùn Qū), which is close to downtown Tangshan, roughly 20 kilometers. Fengrun claims to be the birthplace of the famous writer Cao Xue Qin (曹雪芹), most known for his work 'Dream of the Red Chamber' (红楼梦 - Hóng Lóu Mèng). For a district, the park is gorgeous; the flowers that bloom in spring and summer are colorful, and a new palace is currently being built, expected to open in July 2013. On Friday and Saturday nights, this is the place to go - activities range from dancing, whipping, jump rope, and rollerblading (in summer). In winter, you can skate on the ice or ride a vehicle on the frozen river. Probably not worth a visit if you live in downtown Tangshan, but if you live in Fengrun, this is the place to go.
- Eastern Qing Tombs (清东陵 - Qīng dōng líng) - located in Zunhua County (遵化 - Zūnhuà), this is probably the biggest attraction in the greater Tangshan area. This is quite a ways from downtown Tangshan. One of China's UNESCO World Heritage sites, it's a site to behold. Expect to spend an entire day here because it's absolutely massive; the distance between all the mausoleums is so great you have to ride in what is basically a large golf cart to get around. Closes around 5:30PM. Ticket is somewhere around 160 kuai.
- Tangshan famous dishes (唐山著名小吃). Feasts hung elbows, gutting sea cucumber, fish sauce, braised skirt block, fun, shrimp, jade, jade dragon, it combined abdominal hooks of gold, a ball, his general crisp carp, white breast, reed catkins chicken, millet flour pastry, Jintang blood nest shark fin soup, Jingdong frankincense Rou, jade products bamboo shoots, jade melon booty, Bao Beiyu gold brick, small fish, Jingdong Jingdong special vinegar intestinal, meat fried bamboo shoots, simmer pork, grilled eggplant sauce, eight bags of fish ( Octopus ) stew, fish noodles, egg booth ( racing crab ), Pipi shrimp meat dumplings.
- Seafood（海鲜）: shrimp, crab, Pipi shrimp, fish noodles, fish, shrimp, yellow croaker of auspicious head, fast fish, clams, shrimp, etc. in autumn. Products: Freshwater carp, crucian carp, grass carp, a fish, shrimp, crab, even loach, snakeheaded fish, turtle and so on. Tangshan seafood to cooking good fresh seafood raw materials. Characterized by rich materials, knife delicate, taste fresh, exquisite oil holding Euryale ferox, dishes with exquisite Tangshan porcelain container, stylised.
Lee's Bar - local expat hangout; not only for English speakers, as I have seen Japanese frequent there as well. Beer can be expensive but if you want to retreat to a safety bubble with your fellow lao wai, this is the place.
- Tangshan Hotel (北京唐山大厦), 45 Ciyun Temple (Ciyun Si), Chaoyang District, . Tangshan Hotel is located near Sihui Bridge, the CBD area of Beijing, adjacent to East Chang’an Street and the Fourth Ring Road. It only takes 10 minutes to the subway line 1 Sihui Station, and 20 minutes to the capital airport.