Tamworth is a large town in Staffordshire, England.
From Birmingham, head north bound on the M42, leave at J10 and take the A5 into town
Tamworth's town centre isn't very widespread, so you can easily get around by foot. Heading outside of the town centre, there are regular buses that go out across the area.
Tamworth castle is within walking distance of the town centre and is well worth a visit.
- If you are into ten pin bowling, the Strikers Bowl is just on the edge of the town centre. From the town centre, you can walk there through the castle grounds in around ten minutes.
- For some indoor skiing, check out the Snow Dome next to Strikers Bowl.
- There is also an 18 hole golf course located in Amington - from the town centre, take the B5000 and follow the signposts.
- If you fancy a game of snooker why not try Cue Sports its located down Victoria Road; from the town centre head towards the railway station it's on your right.
The best place in Tamworth for a bit of shopping is Ventura Retail Park not far from the town center. It has a range of good retail outlets such as Woolworths, M&S, WHSmith, Matalan, Toys R Us, Comet, Currys, Focus, Halfords, Hobbycraft, Blacks, Boots, JJB Sports, Boots, Asda Wal Mart.
Tamworth has a few good restaurants in the town center.
- Pastiche Bistro, Silver Street. They serve good international food.
- Most of the pubs in town also serve good food.
- McDonalds - fast food restaurant.
- KFC - fast food restaurant.
- Asda - Walmart has a cafe in it for people to eat whilst they are out shopping.
Tamworth has many pubs in and around the town center.
- Chicago Rock, Coleshill Street.
- O'Keefs, George Street.
- Wetherspoons in Bolebridge is best for cheap drinks.