- Remix Fashion Vintage, 645 Pennsylvania Ave SE, ☎ +1 202 547-0211. M-F 11AM-7PM, Sa 11AM-8PM, Su noon-6PM. A well curated and well priced mens and womens vintage store, with knowledgeable staff. This is another D.C. favorite that few visitors would ever find. edit
--Peter Talk 19:30, 9 November 2010 (EST)
Nominated for star
I just "took the plunge" and nominated this article for a star. It was already a great article, and I made a few improvements that I thought were helpful:
- Added more extensive background information in the Understand section. Since this district plays such a key role in American political life, I thought it would be helpful for travelers, especially those from foreign countries (and, frankly, many Americans I know) to understand the basics of how Congress works. Obviously, this is only a basic understanding, but there are plenty of resources out there, and this might inspire visitors to learn more. Otherwise, they will have the basic background knowledge needed to get the most out of visiting the Capitol. I also added the suggestion that American travelers should contact their member of Congress before they visit, because I didn't know where else it should go. I felt it was too important to get buried in one of the listings.
- Added more detailed information about the Capitol and the Supreme Court, because these are two of the most important sights in this district. Before, they had only bare-bones information about how to book a tour, hours, rules, etc., nothing that explained why a traveler would actually want to see these sights (it's obvious to me, but it might not be to someone else!) or any explanation of what they would see on their visit. So I fleshed the descriptions out a bit.
- Moved Folger Shakespeare Library from Do to See. I realize this is a tricky one, because it has a theatre with performances (which usually goes in Do) but it's also an attraction with a lot of historical value, Shakespeare exhibits and artifacts, etc. (not unlike the Library of Congress) and I thought it belonged better there.
- Added a couple of additional attractions, the National Guard Museum and the Sewall-Belmont House.
I pretty much left the rest of the article as-is. I'm not super-familiar with hotels or dining in this neighborhood but the listing seemed pretty thorough to me.
Please go to the Wikitravel:Star nominations page to support this article!Bocablue (talk) 15:52, 20 July 2013 (EDT)
- Thank you, Bocablue! Great job! I checked all the listings and fixed some URLs. Now, everything looks good. I'm giving my Support for this article to be a start. Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 16:37, 22 July 2013 (EDT)
This article is well-written, complete, and similar to other "star" district articles in D.C. in terms of format and style. It has a great map and very thorough information on all the major sites. I see no reason why this article shouldn't be a star. Bocablue (talk) 15:19, 20 July 2013 (EDT)
- Support, IBAlex (talk) 16:36, 22 July 2013 (EDT)
- Support, Adzas (talk) 17:56, 22 July 2013 (EDT)
- Support, GiulioC (talk) 03:36, 23 July 2013 (EDT)
- Support, OVK (talk) 04:54, 23 July 2013 (EDT)