Err, I'm not sure I get why this was redirected the way it was. There's a couple of different types of travel insurance (health, cancellation, etc)... While I could go either way on having Travel insurance as a travel topic, I dont think redirecting to Tips for flying is as helpful as it might be. Maj 18:32, 4 August 2006 (EDT)
- There was no content -- it was just a sentence plus spam. Anyone who wants to write the article is free to. I just think the redirect to an article that has some travel insurance content is more useful than an empty template. So when you or anyone else wants to plunge forward on this, yay! -- Colin 18:36, 4 August 2006 (EDT)
- Coolio, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! Maj 18:50, 4 August 2006 (EDT)
Well we have content now. Some points I'd like it to cover:
- More on extensions. What happens if the worst eventuates, and you are badly ill or hurt in the last few days of coverage and can't get home due to being hospitalised? Knowing insurers, you or your family are now screwed, but it would be nice to have a decent write-up.
- Long-term travel: many policies limit extensions to 12 months coverage maximum.
- More on dangerous travel.
Hypatia 23:06, 4 October 2006 (EDT)
Providers links are very useful to me
For those (like me) looking for providers of travel insurances, check
this old version. Guaka 05:08, 29 June 2007 (EDT)
- Not only is such a list highly unmaintainable, but insurers are highly local -- your American or even Canadian links are not very useful to us travellers based in, say, Finland, Singapore, India or Japan. Jpatokal 02:42, 1 July 2007 (EDT)