The website http://torun.infhotel.pl/ was removed from the external links section because it is a hotel guide that lists the hotels in Torun. It may be useful for researchers and contributors needing to get the names, contact details and website URLs for those hotels. -- Huttite 08:55, 18 Nov 2005 (EST)
- Umm, are you arguing for or against the inclusion of the link http://torun.infhotel.pl/ ? Ah, maybe you are just archiving the link on this talk page? Is there a problem with putting a meta-link on the main article? This is wikitravel, not wikipedia.
- Does someone have a reason for not including http://torun.infhotel.pl/ in the external link section? Boud 11:32, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
ADded a pic, fixed alignment now, thoughts?? :) Khrystene
- Przepraszam, excuse me, khrystene, i haven't checked if you are the person who put all the telephone book entries/lists of companies onto the Toruń wikipedia page (it looks like you translated some of the polish to english) but i think first we need to ask if they would be relevant on wikitravel. If they're too specific for wikitravel, then they're probably also too specific for wikipedia. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, not a telephone book or a place to (try to) generate business. Boud 11:32, 19 Jan 2006 (EST)
- I wasn't the person who put the phone book entries, tho I did translate some of the Polish to English. I don't think that we should have a PHONE BOOK on here, but good information, more personalised, so that people who would like to know what's good in Torun can find out - easily! I also do NOT agree, if you see some of my older comments, with Advertising, particluarly for Multinational corporations like KFC or McDonalds, nor for other large business interests. Stuff like local places to buy Torun's famous Pierniki is different, it's more suitable. So don't worry, I totally agree with NOT having a phone book on here! khrystene CET 11:11am
- Good :) Boud 07:32, 7 April 2006 (EDT)
 PICS again...
Question: Why was that pic of the Krzywa Wieza removed? It's a relevant tourist attraction in Torun! I don't get it. khrystene 10:49pm 26.4.06 - Twenty years since Chernobyl.
 My experiences in Torun
I stayed one night in Orange Hostel.. and then decided to leave. We had to hunt for a member of a staff in order to even check in. Later that evening I go to brush my teeth and, on returning, notice a large (permenent) stain on my sweater that smelled of chlorine. They had obviously not bothered to rinse the basin after bleaching it. Lucky it didn't touch my skin! The following morning, we were woken up by noisy building work just outside our window (needless to say, their website doesn't mention this, nor did they mention when we phoned them in advance). Note that the "kitchen" is just a corner of the reception area (with only one hob), and the "common room" is a sofa in the same room. Also, beware that some rooms have no windows!
- Seriously, this is not a forum to be whinging about your one off experience in a hostel. Bleaching on the T-shirt could have been from anything - including other guests, and unfortunetly isn't likely to kill you. Orange Hostel is a viable choice for any backpackers going through Torun - it's clean, the staff are friendly and the beds are comfortable. Save whinging like this for Hostel World.
- I stayed at this hostel too and recognize the description. For what you get, it is very fair price and the hostel is right in the heart of old town, what more can you ask for? I have seen worse, like one in gdansk where reception was only one employee who was in charge for 24 hours for a single day and used only the top of a chest, one book and 1 pen as a reception.. I couldn't believe my eyes. In general, I'd say this is a good hostel. By Damain, been in Torun 7-9-2009
The next night we stayed in the Hotel Pod Orlem, which was much better although they weren't exactly polite when we asked if there was any way we could have a cup of tea. Around 11pm the walls started shaking from the some very loud music - I'm not sure if it was from within the Hotel or next door. Again, the staff weren't polite (and didn't speak any English) but the music stopped soon after. They obviously don't expect you to lie in, either - we were woken by somebody cleaning the corridors at 8am.
18.104.22.168 11:19, 4 January 2008 (EST) OrangeJon (www.orangejon.com)