Sulawesi is administratively divided into 6 provinces:
- Central Sulawesi (Sulawesi Tengah)
- North Sulawesi (Sulawesi Utara)
- South Sulawesi (Sulawesi Selatan)
- South East Sulawesi (Sulawesi Tenggara)
- West Sulawesi (Sulawesi Barat)
The provincial boundaries are shown here
For travel purposes, I think six is too many, and that we should:
- Combine North Sulawesi and Gorontalo into one new region called Northern Sulawesi
- Leave Central Sulawesi as is.
- Combine South Sulawesi and West Sulawesi into one new region called Southern Sulawesi.
- Leave Southeast Sulawesi as is.
That would be four travel regions. I am slightly surprised there is not more content for this rather popular island, and would hope that some organisational work will help encourage more, as has happened spectacularly in other parts of Indonesia.
Any comments on that region plan please?--Burmesedays 10:33, 5 August 2011 (EDT)