Quite impressive list. But do you really carry your credit card(s) and its/their PIN code in one place? One crucial advice: don't. I know what I'm talking about; I've been robbed in Brazil (and nearly robbed in Indonesia). They never got my cards and my PIN codes together. DhDh 01:47, 11 Feb 2004 (EST)
I fail to see the reason for a lot of these. Some I don't even know what are:
- Invitation letter: Who's inviting whom to what?
- Marriage certificate: Why?
- Other documents: Which ones?
- Sweater: This depends on where you're going.
- Tidbits or polo: What kind of tidbits? I don't play polo, so why should I bring it?
- Pocket knife: This is likely to be confiscated at the airport.
- Torch: I'm not a welder, so why should I carry one?
- Chess: Chess isn't a video game, and what does a cell phone have to do with either?
- Collar bones: Hopefully these are in your shoulders, not in your sewing kit!
- Inhaler/roll on/nasal spray: This is a contradiction in terms.
-phma 21:18, 10 Feb 2004 (EST)
Thanks a ton, Some of these are specific brand names available in India. Updated the list with clarifications, take a look. -Sridhar 10:25, 11 Feb 2004 (IST)
So, I like this idea, but I'm worried that it may be hard to do a generic packing list. After all, if I'm going to climb Denali, I need an ice axe more than I need an IDP. Can we do this in a way that's applicable to all travelers' needs? Or should we do different lists for different destinations/activities/types of travel? --Evan 02:13, 11 Feb 2004 (EST)
- It would make sense to me that locations that have special travel needs should be noted in a "Packing List" or "Don't Forget..." section to an article. -- Yosemite 03:33, 11 Feb 2004 (EST)
Would suggest different packing lists for different activities. I once ended up in Palani (a smalltown in TamilNadu, India) without soap and towel! I was used to staying in business class hotels and never found a reason to carry these and expected to stay in one such hotel in Palani. In the hotel I stayed 'running hot water' was a luxury! So expecting the hotel to provide soap and towel was stupid. I made it a point that I added these to my packing list once I returned. -Sridhar 10:25, 11 Feb 2004 (IST)