Talk:Orange County (California)
- Ok but in this case as per the naming conventions it would end up as beaches(Southern California). It seems like this would be too large. Should I place all beaches in Southern California under this structure instead of breaking it up to Ventura County ,Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego? Ron 11:30, 11 Nov 2003 (PST)
- You've got a good point. That is a sticky wicket! So, I'll try to end-run it. Is Orange County big enough that we need to split it into regions? What about just listing the beach cities by name, like Huntington Beach and so on?
- Also, you gotta check your spaces in article names. It should be "Something (Something Else)", not "Something(Something Else)". It's not a function call! B-) -- Evan 11:34, 11 Nov 2003 (PST)
- Heh! Well, that makes me look stupid. I was looking at some maps of Orange County that had Catalina highlighted. Just shows to go ya. --Evan 18:12, 7 Dec 2003 (PST)
Anyone familiar enough to choose the nine most important cities? This is quite a list... Texugo 20:44, 23 January 2009 (EST)
- When Suburbs Attack! Weighting by density of tourist activities, I'd go for Anaheim, Buena Park, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Fullerton, Newport Beach, Orange, San Juan Capistrano, and Santa Ana. Orange and SJC are probably the easiest ones to cut if the list needs to shrink again. - Dguillaime 22:28, 23 January 2009 (EST)
- I know this was months ago, but allow me to add a second opinion. My ref? Orange County born and raised.
- 1. Anacrime, ahem, Anaheim
- 2. Santa Ana (the capital)
- 3. Huntington Beach
- 4. Newport Beach
- 5. Fullerton (the most boring place in the world, but they do have a university so it is kind of important)
- 6. Buena Park
- 7. Seal Beach
- There really aren't 9 important cities. 7 was pushing it. Orange County is pretty boring. Orange County consists of three things, and three things only: Housing tracts, corner strip malls, Republicans.
--GnarlyLikeWhoa 15:26, 30 July 2009 (EDT)
- Works for me, and actually trimming the list got lost in the shuffle earlier, so I've done it now. Nine's a maximum, but anywhere from five to nine is perfectly fine. I left it at eight, though - would also recommend keeping Irvine for its size and its UC campus. Presumably it'll attract a number of prospective students and parents and whatnot, though it's telling that the nicest thing the current article calls it is "perfectly planned suburbia". - Dguillaime 02:28, 31 July 2009 (EDT)
- Rad. I'm happy to be of service. GnarlyLikeWhoa 18:48, 2 September 2009 (EDT)
I'd like to move this article to Orange County (California) and move the disambiguation page to Orange County. The counties in Florida and New York are just as well known as the one in California. LtPowers 13:28, 11 September 2011 (EDT)
- Agreed. --globe-trotter 14:23, 11 September 2011 (EDT)