Talk:New Orleans Mardi Gras
Revision as of 15:49, 1 March 2006 by Evan
- Sorry if this is not the proper format here. Do you reccomend moving it back to the "New Orleans" article? My reasons for split were 1)I plan to expand the New Orleans article more (and have started doing so) 2)The Mardi Gras info is not of much relvence for people visiting New Orleans 50 & 1/2 weeks a year. Perhaps this should be "New Orleans/Mardi Gras"? -- eagar to help and to learn, Infrogmation 17:40, 24 May 2004 (EDT)
- Huh, looks like this was forgotten, but the recent New Orleans/Jazz Fest made me come look. I'm gonna belatedly second Evan's question. I think this is a Wikitravel:Slippery slope as it sets a precident for other event sub pages.
- Mixing geography / topics is a bad idea, at least until we have some way to mark article types. Mixing types totally confuses any attempt to use our breadcrumbs as geographical hierarchies and we run the risk of having orphaned and/or duplicate content (ie are some hotels only here? only on a district page? only on the main page?).
- I suggest the content be moved into the main article. If you think than this would make the article 'too long', please see the discussion on Wikitravel talk:Article templates#The best Wikitravel articles are too damn long. Majnoona 10:13, 1 March 2006 (EST)
- I took a look at Rio and Carnival is integrated nicely there. I do think Mardi Gras is important to New Orleans as well as the Jazz Fest (don't ya just love that city), but we should think about and discuss putting this in the main article. I don't think there is a rush, we can discuss it. -- Tom Holland (xltel) 10:34, 1 March 2006 (EST)