IMPORTANT NOTE: Please take general discussions about Wikitravel to the travellers' pub. This talk page should be about the Main Page itself, not about Wikitravel in general. -- Evan 11:18, 3 Oct 2003 (PDT)
Please refer to the Main Page policy before editing the Main Page.
- Cologne Blue is evil → Talk:Main Page/Cologne Blue is evil
- Activities section → Talk:Main Page/Activities
- Romanian version → Wikitravel talk:Romanian Wikitravel
- New Main Page layout → Talk:Main Page/New layout
- Main Page policy → Wikitravel:Main Page policy
- Travel calendar → Wikitravel:Travellers' pub
- New, New Main Page layout → Talk:Main Page/New new layout
New, new, new, new Main Page layout
So, I moved the stuff from Main page/test to the Main Page. I think it looks pretty swell, and now we have a place to feature lots of pages.
I think the test page had a lot of broken links, so I've tried to merge in some pages that we've actually worked on. It seems like we've had a lot of work on North America, Europe, and Australasia, some on Southeast Asia, but not a lot on the rest of Asia, Africa, South America... probably need to get cracking on these!
If you think some pages should be brought up to the front page, please check the Main Page policy, but I think we should be a little flexible at this time. We have a lot more slots for featuring stuff, after all.
I think the Hebrew phrasebook should be featured. It doesn't have all the phrases in the template, but it will be (as soon as Baruch or someone writes "ahuz" in Hebrew) the first phrasebook with all the phrases in a non-Latin alphabet. -phma 23:23, 27 Dec 2003 (PST)
- It lacks about 80% of the phrases in the phrasebook. We have a whole bunch of phrasebooks that are more-or-less complete. I don't think having a non-Latin alphabet is a good enough reason to feature this page. --Evan 16:54, 5 Jan 2004 (EST)
First and Business Discounters
I removed the First and Business Discounters link when it was a broken link, and I removed it again once the article was finished.
- I added the First and Business Discounters and apologise for any guidelines that it broke. What specifically is wrong with it and what could I do to fix it? I intend to add more links for the different businesses, but if it's in breach of something or other then there's not much point. I was surprised that there was no information about this stuff on the Wiki. Indeed it's hard to find on the web and I only got hold of it through an ad in the L.A.Times. --Sean