This is not a guide to Kenya, it is a guide to Nairobi. Something should be done.
"Do not have unprotected sex, as people might have HIV/AIDS." And here I thought that was a danger no matter where you were?
- True, but it needs to be stressed more in regions with an increased risk. 184.108.40.206 14:14, 2 June 2009 (EDT)
Oh me, oh my. We currently have 8 regions which correspond with the 8 provinces. Looking at these, the scheme makes zero sense as travel regions. I will get thinking and get reading. Help please! --Burmesedays 09:54, 10 March 2010 (EST)
- Any ideas, anyone? I even have been digging around other travel guides and still can't come up with a definitive scheme. I feel that the Indian Ocean coast could be one region, the Rift Valley probably two (north and south), and then a north east region covering the dry plains bordering Ethopia and Somalia. Four regions seems a bit slim though for a country of this importance. --Burmesedays 06:28, 13 March 2010 (EST)
- Thanks for that. The map is not finished but that would give a division that looks something like this. I have not yet divided the Rift Valley into north and south. Any bright ideas as to where that division should come? And any other comments please.
Ooh, pretty map and a tough question. I'm thinking the Tana River and below should be the South Rift Valley (not sure which is upper or lower). The river doesn't make a good dividing line, though, so I would recommend using the N'goro more or less as the boundary. Thus, Archer's Post, Kisima, and Lorule would be in the north. --Peter Talk 22:06, 13 March 2010 (EST)
- I'm not sure that Kakamega is a common enough name for that whole region if I recall.... it might almost be better to just call it Western Kenya.... but it's been a while since I was there. We should create a Kakamega Rainforest article, though I think it should be a park article rather than a region article – cacahuate talk 22:26, 13 March 2010 (EST)
- Thanks guys. I will get on with that and finish the regionalisation tomorrow. And cacahuate, as you have actually been to Kenya, please let me know if you spot anything wrong with the map --Burmesedays 03:08, 14 March 2010 (EDT)
- Here's the version with five regions. I will leave it here for a day and if no comments, do the regionalisation work. --Burmesedays 10:33, 14 March 2010 (EDT)