Portions of the Ischia article have been contributed from http://www.appartamentiischia.it by its owner, User:mimmo46
How get Ischia a star
There need some contributions for adjust text in Ischia for get a star article; if have others ideas in purpose write here.
This guide need to improve english text, there is some wikitravel's user can help? -- mimmo46 13:03, 29 march 2006 (EST)
- As it is already listed on Wikitravel:Guide articles needing attention, I'll add a note saying it needs proofreading. Ricardo (Rmx) 06:47, 29 March 2006 (EST)
- I haven't forgotten, and I really do intend to do this. I've just gotten bogged down in work for the last month or so. I'm currently in Reading (Berkshire) on business. I'll try to do the proofreading when I get back home. -- Mark 07:51, 29 March 2006 (EST)
- Well, thanks Mark -- mimmo46
Manual of Style
I have improved the content in observance of the MOs, someone can check if it is necessary to make other improvements. -- mimmo46 22:52, 6 march 2006 (EST)
Ischia is the biggest
Ischia is the biggest island in the gulf of Naples, saying "one of the biggest" is wrong. Thats why im going to change it for the second time... hoping that this edit will persist. Otherwise please tell me wich island is bigger then Ischia. I know just 3 island here: Ischia, Procida and Capri. Thx for your work, bye.
Adding lastminute section
I would like to create a lastminute section and add in it some link as this http://www.ischiatravelweb.it/lastminute.asp. It is seriusly the cheaper way to sleep in Ischia. Usually the hotels put many offers in this kind of pages. It is a quality service and it wont be spam. Please, tell me what do you think about it.
- According to the current external links policy the link you posted looks (to me) like a non-primary source, and thus is not a valid external link. Is it sufficient to just mention the link on this talk page, or does it provide some service that is so vital that travelers should definitely know about it? -- Ryan 13:14, 27 March 2006 (EST)
Well, when I need to travel I usually look for this kind of services about the place I am going to, just to spend less. I think it can be a usefull information for travellers.
- I think the problem is that besides not complying with the extlinks policy, it also does not fit our goal of being useful for the traveller on the go, i.e. it's not so useful for the offline readers of our guide. Ricardo (Rmx) 15:37, 27 March 2006 (EST)
About spam in the Holiday House section
In the Holiday House section I can see 2 suggested apartments but when i tried to add a good hostel it was been erased as spam. I thought that the hostel information that I added could be usefull becouse it is not easy to find a place like it on Ischia, I mean a cheap place for young travellers. I am not the owner and I am not linked to it absolutely.
In this way my question is: which is the meter for judge an holiday house info as spam? Why for exemple the info about Villa Marialuisa wasn't been deleted too?
I want just understand. Thx in advance for your reply.
- Hi! I wish I could give you a simple answer, this has been an ongoing discussion here. (see Wikitravel:External links and Talk:Barcelona#Apartment_rentals). We are mostly worried that we will end up with a big long list of websites and not a real travel information. Here are some questions that may help determine if an apartment listing is a good idea:
- Is it for just 1 apartment or is there a selection available?
- Is the rental company a 'real' company, with an office, phone, etc, or just a web booking site or an individual?
- I hope this helps! Majnoona 07:15, 18 April 2006
- Hmmm, I'm not 100% sure why this was removed:
- Ring hostel - Forio d'Ischia (historical center)- +39 081 987546  - Cheap private rooms for 1 to 4 people with or without an ensuite bathroom as well as dorm rooms for 4, 6, and 8 people with or without ensuite bathrooms as well. Huge common area with a fully equiped kitchen, TVSat, Internet access, dvd player and a bar.
- I think it might have been because the web site is not very well done (there is some broken html, etc) and because there's a big booking engine. But it doesn seem to be a real place offering dorms and rooms and not just a website booker. I'm going to go ahead and put it back in.
- The person who removed it was anonymous, but maybe they'll comment here if they disagree! Majnoona 07:27, 18 April 2006 (EDT)
Well thx Majnoona, it was frustant becouse I was happy to discover it, it is a good place to stay, I visited it becouse a friend of mine was there. I live in Ischia, a touristic place where you can find 300 hotels but i know just 2 hostels and I cant advise 1 of them.
I already contributed to make this page with some contents, im not here to spam. Bye all cya soon.