Can someone who knows the subcontinent comment on whether Hyderabad (India) is so much more famous than Hyderabad (Pakistan) that it shouldn't be disambiguated? (Remember, it can't be just that it is more famous, it has to be lots more famous to almost all travelers, as in Paris vs Paris (Texas)). If none can explain that Hyderabad is incredibly famous relative to Hyderabad (Pakistan) I'll move it to Hyderabad (India) and make a disambiguation page. -- Hypatia 07:33, 11 Nov 2004 (EST)
- Hyderabad, India is definitely more famous than its namesake in Pakistan, though certainly not to the degree of the two Paris' that you used as a relative comparison. In recent times, Hyderabad, India is mostly known for its IT industry, and is often referred to as the second Bangalore.
- I'd say the India Hyderabad is famous enough... I didn't even know there was one in Pakistan, but you can't get to far in any book about Asia-- history or travel-- without knowing a lot about Hyderabad, India. I can't say it's as famous as Paris, cause, we'll I don't think there are a lot of people in the world who haven't heard of Paris, France, but I bet you could dig up a few who hadn't heard of either Hyderabad. Let me put it this way: if they've heard of a Hyderabad, they've heard of the on in India. Majnoona 10:31, 11 Nov 2004 (EST)
Hyderabad is famous for its Charminar, Salarajung Museum, Golconda fort, Ramoji Film city, Biryani, Haleem, IT infra structure, Cosmopolitan culture, Film industry, Beautiful girls, etc etc
Hyderabad ( pakistan ) doesn't even come near to any comparision --Kpvishnu 23:37, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
Hyderabad ( India ) is famous
Hyderabad is famous for its Charminar, Salarajung Museum, Golconda fort, Ramoji Film city, Biryani, Haleem, IT Infrastructure, Cosmopolitan Culture, Film Industry, Beautiful Girls, etc etc
Note: There is another Hyderabad in Pakistan
- Famous it may not be, but the other Hyderabad has a population of over 1.3 million, so I don't think we can pretend it doesn't exist. Jpatokal 23:56, 18 October 2006 (EDT)
- The India Hyderabad is much more famous than the Pakistani one. Do a survey if you like. However, I agree that it shouldn't be disambiguated, there should be a link to the Pakistani one that's all. Upamanyuwikitravel 11:33, 14 January 2007 (EST)
Hyderabad MMTS map
It seems that Taxi services are very widespread in Hyderabad and not at all difficult to find. Therefore, listing large numbers of individual taxi services is against WT guidelines. I have cut the table out of the article of parked it here. Unless arguments to reinstate it are forthcoming in the next 30 days I will delete completely. --Burmesedays 05:00, 23 June 2011 (EDT)
- Like a festering gangrenous limb sometimes things just have to go. Good work Burmesedays. -- felix 12:19, 23 June 2011 (EDT)
Operators offering air conditioned metered taxis at Rs 15 per km:
The third variety of cabs are a chartered type, example hired for maximum of 8 hr or 80 km which ever is higher.
Eat listings with no name-moved from article
I have moved these here in the hope the contributor would like to provide the names of the establishments. -- felix 07:40, 6 October 2011 (EDT)
Districts - better names?
Good start, but can we have more informative names for Hyderabad districts? These names like North Zone, South Zone, etc. make no sense to a traveller or even for a long term resident like me. I'd prefer we go with things like old city, Secunderabad, etc. Ravikiran 02:44, 3 July 2012 (EDT)