Talk:Hitchhiking around the world
If you finally decide to plunge forward and create around the World journey article according to Goals and non-goals (and Manual of style), consider to linking it from List of itineraries instead of Main Page.
Let somebody else decide if the article should be exposed on front page. -- JanSlupski 07:43, 8 Feb 2005 (EST)
 Vfd Discussion
- Hitchhiking around the World. Personal, not-goal. -- JanSlupski 07:51, 8 Feb 2005 (EST)
- Delete. -- 22.214.171.124 08:08, 8 Feb 2005 (EST)
- No - rewrite the article to discuss the concept of hitchhiking around the world - how far you can get etc. -- Huttite 04:12, 11 Feb 2005 (EST)
- Rewrite. Guaka 20:10, 7 May 2005 (EDT)
- Rewrite -- would be a fascinating topic to read, if we can find contributors who've actually done it and can add useful commentary. The number of people with the balls and endurance to acutally "hitchhike around the world" are few indeed. SONORAMA 09:45, 16 September 2007 (EDT)
 Merge it?
- Agreed. - Andrew Haggard (Sapphire) 06:33, 28 May 2006 (EDT)
- Agreed. Either make hitchhiking a subsection of that page, or make "around the world" a subsection of Tips for hitchhiking. -- Padraic 11:18, 16 February 2007 (EST)
- Don't agree. Hitchhiking around the world is a freeform adventure quite different from other means of overland travel, such as luxury trains or tours with a set schedule. Both modes of transportation definetly merit their own article. Right now, both articles are woefully inadequate. I agree with Padraic that "round the world hitchkiking" could be made a subsection on the main hitchhking article for the time being. Hopefully someone with actual experience hitchhiking or overland travelling make their contributions in the near future.