It would be good if a map of Hangzhou was provided, or at least a link to a good map.
Good idea. I don't have copyright to a Hangzhou map myself but I googled "map hangzhou" and have now linked to six Hangzhou maps in the External Links section at bottom of the Hangzhou article. Would be great to have a Creative Commons copyrighted map for the site. Dito for every city in WikiTravel! :-)
- The external links section should no longer be used (see Wikitravel_talk:Article_templates#External_links), so I guess the map and other links should figure on the Understand section. I'm too sleepy to make the changes myself right now but I'll leave you with the suggestion. Rmx 01:38, 24 Dec 2005 (EST)
- Being the evil bastard I am I removed all the map links. If there's a genuinely good one out there it should go in Understand or Get around. Jpatokal 21:51, 26 Dec 2005 (EST)
- I don't think that's what the extlinks guideline says, actually. Making maps are part of our responsibility. --Evan 20:43, 28 Dec 2005 (EST)
- Even the best static map will never be able to match, say, kartta.hel.fi or www.streetdirectory.com.sg for dynamic address lookups and such, so IMHO these are good, handy extlinks (and in kartta.hel.fi's case it's an official city government-run site to boot). But random flat Googled maps don't qualify. Jpatokal 06:19, 29 Dec 2005 (EST)
- Maps are important enough to warrant some links to usefull maps -- usefull maps are good maps. When WikiTravel's own maps make those links obsolete is soon enough to delete useful map links. So I have put useful map links into Get Around. Rogerhc 18:27, 28 Dec 2005 (EST)
- See Wikitravel:Mapmaking_Expedition Mapmaking_Expedition (Thanks Evan for pointing that out elsewhere. It may be the place to discuss Maps. External_links is another place to discuss Maps in terms of to link or not to link to them.) Rogerhc 01:36, 29 Dec 2005 (EST)