Wow! This is a really great article! Good work! Majnoona 12:25, 24 Mar 2004 (EST)
- Thanks, I'll be updating as time permits. Eivind 04:35, 30 Mar 2004 (EST)
Very nice article. Alas, I havn't been back in 20 years (!) now. Most of what I recall is probably badly out of date. Does the area just south of the Parque Central still have lots of good Chinese Restaurants? -- Infrogmation 02:03, 29 May 2004 (EDT)
- Thanks. I suppose there has been a lot of changes in the past 20 years! But there are still a lot of Chinese restaurants around Parque Central. If you can recall any good ones I'll see if they're still there :-) Eivind 19:33, 2 Jun 2004 (EDT)
A great article. I have a few suggestions on the structure though:
- Maybe the city map should not be at the bottom? I realize we have no fixed place for it, but usually "geogrpahic" information comes at the beginning of articles.
- Medical information - should this maybe be in a "Stay Healthy" section, comparable to country template? Consistency and all that.
- Tourist information - move to "Understand" section instead of "Get around"? Unless it only provides information on transports.
Why text in french???
- Dunno. Looks like somebody had an accident while doing translations for the fr: version. I've put the original text back. -- Mark 10:41, 21 Dec 2005 (EST)
Hey this is really a BAD article. I live in Guatemala my whole life and lots of things that says in here aren´t true. Like Guatemala is very dangerous, yes it dangerous but El Salvador & Honduras are worst than here, even at El Salvador they killed the church chief of all the country during the daily mass!!!!!!! Also the only place that you need to stay safe is Zone 18 (all day) and Zone 1(only at night). Also the central turist plaze is very, but very very good, it a lie that is bad and they dont give you information, even they if you have a problem they give you money so you can buy anything that you want (dont except that they would give you lots of money, at least they give 50 quetzales and max 100 quetzales) or the other thing that they give you is free transportation to any part of a republic. Yeah dont think that the service is 24 hours long.
Well other things about this is that they talk some turist places and they are lots more, even a cafeteria in Zone 1 is a turist attraction because in all the houses they have artesanian work made from them. Come to Guatemala, even ONU says that Guatemala is world patrinum place by there culture and carism of the people.
- If you feel that some of the information is incorrect or unfair, please go ahead and correct it. - Todd VerBeek 17:49, 9 May 2007 (EDT)
read it again, I have made some new additions to get a better feel for what the city has to offer and balance de pesimst point of view written before. ----Roberto Medina
 Strong words in complaint
The part about "hardly anyone walks" through Guate is bullshit. I live here and most people walk. Nobody finds it strange if you walk, its completely normal. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)