Revision as of 12:54, 20 April 2011
Why do you keep reverting changes made to Goa
Why do you keep reverting what has been added with valuable time, it's outrageous. Please explain. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Rmuddam (talk • contribs)
- Hi there, I think the most recent changes you made to the Get in section were probably reverted because you were starting to reformat it in a way that was kinda maybe making it a little messier, but I can't say for sure since I didn't do it. But as for the one the other day, there were a couple things wrong. For one, we don't add links to Wikipedia within the guide (just one link to the Goa article is ok, and it goes in the left toolbar under "Other sites", where it already is now).
- Also, since the Goa article is a region article, all of the actual listings for hotels, restaurants, etc belong in the subarticles... for instance, a hotel in Panaji belongs in the Panaji article, and the same for ones in Palolem, etc. I think when you added the large list of websites it looked at a glance like you were putting stuff in the wrong place, which is why someone removed it... but as you can see if you look in the article history I quickly restored it, since I appreciate the hard work you did in researching those, and while maybe they aren't in the right place, at least we've got the info now, and those sites will help us a lot in gathering the rest of the info we need like phone #'s and addresses. So for now, it's still on the Goa page, but when someone who knows where they belong comes along, they'll put them in the right places.
- Usually we try to explain our reverts around here and I'm sorry that nobody did this time... but please know that your edits are welcome, and I hope you'll continue helping us out! Sorry again. I've left you a welcome message on your talk page, with some useful links on how to edit, format, etc, which may help you out with your future contributions. Thanks! – cacahuate talk 20:58, 23 May 2007 (EDT)
Thanks for the response, it's a big relief after your response. The reason i contribute, where i can, is that i think this is a noble cause, and often times, info on Indian places is found wanting, hence the contribution.- [user:rmuddam]
There seems to be a site abuse by one "Montego Bay Goa" by using this site for their promotion, and put their hotel info at a lot of places. I have deleted where ever i found them repetitive, self-promotion. Pls. keep them on the watch list. Randhir R 14:21, 30 May 2007 (EDT)
- Cool, thanks for the help, always appreciated! – cacahuate talk 16:14, 31 May 2007 (EDT)
This article has extremely long and confusing do, eat, and sleep sections. Since this is a region article, there should be no listings here—all listings should be in appropriate destination articles. Would someone knowledgeable about the area please try and merge relevant content into appropriate destination and city articles and remove irrelevant content altogether. --Peter Talk 15:00, 30 September 2007 (EDT)
Okay, let me try... Fredericknoronha 14:43, 12 January 2008 (EST)
- just to clarify - Peter meant into destination and city articles not creating separate articles for the content. I moved your content back here, as I have no knowledge of Goa, but a sorting would still be nice - it's not that your work aren't appreciated - it is! But the way you're doing it not means more work for me and others, so please take a bit of time to look around the different help articles, to get a grasp of how we do things. Sertmann 23:19, 15 October 2008 (EDT)
- I have taken out all of the eat, sleep, and drink listings and saved them locally. I will gradually feed these back into the correct artciles. It will take a while as there are 9 A4 pages of them. The article looks a lot better for this. --Burmesedays 09:09, 3 January 2010 (EST)
No mention of eco-tourism or things to see/do of ecological value in Goa? I for one am interested in water harvesting, bio or syngas harvesting, aquaculture, milk processing, fish processing and handling etc.
--Anonperson 04:35, 29 January 2010 (EST)
- Please go ahead and write about it. --Burmesedays 05:13, 29 January 2010 (EST)