For future reference the Wikitravel:CIA World Factbook 2002 import can be found at Talk:Estonia/CIA World Factbook 2002 import.
I heard that Canadians are not "blacklisted" from the list of favoured nations for residing in Estonia for some time. Would be good if someone could check this.
- Years ago there was a problem with Canada causing displease in Estonia, partly because of treatment, if I remember correctly, of our president during unofficial trip to this American nation visiting local Estonian community. Sharp words were spoken by him them also. I don't know if Canada - at least as NATO ally and perhaps greatest 2 World War refuge - was since restored in its rightful position. This seems likely. But personally, I am not going to start looking for more up-to-date information. Please do it yourself and make corrections if necessary. Bete
Fixed to the Euro?
How could the Estonian currency be fixed to the Euro since 1993, since (I think) the Euro is not that old? --Jonboy 08:15, 6 May 2007 (EDT)
- IIRC it was briefly fixed to the German mark, and then migrated to use the euro currency basket even before it became a physical currency. Jpatokal 19:12, 8 May 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks. That's what Wikipedia indicates, though the date is implied to be 1992. I'll change the article to clear it up. --Jonboy 09:04, 11 May 2007 (EDT)
- The Kroon was pegged to the EMU. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 20 Sep 2007
Sektsioon "Respect" on rõve ja ebameeldiv, paatoslik ning nilbe ja lipitsev (enda ees!) propaganda, mis tuleb kiiremas korras ümber kirjutada. The section "Respect" is exaggerated propaganda which should be re-written.
I think 15 provinces is too much for a country as small as Estonia. Any ideas for sensible regions? Jpatokal 12:04, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
→ http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Maps_of_NUTS_of_Estonia ? Execept in might be an idea to treat Saaremaa and Hiiuma as seperate regions from western estonia. --Stefan (sertmann) talk 12:24, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
I propose to use just 4: North & Tallinn, East, South, West & The Islands. That's how Estonian Tourism Board sees Estonia so - cultural-wise it makes sense to me too. East could also be included in North. --Visitestonia
- seems good to me, could you mash up a quick map (e.g. with google maps or your favourite drawing programme) on where the borders should be, then I think we should be able to produce a WT style map fairly quickly. --Stefan (sertmann) talk 10:40, 5 November 2009 (EST)