Contrary to popular belief Denver is not "that high". While it is truly the "Mile High City" (as in 5280 feet above sea level) there are many, many locations in Colorado that are considerably higher in altitude (more than twice and some approaching three times higher than Denver). It is always good to acclimate yourself to altitude before undertaking strenuous travel (such as hiking, backpacking and skiing) and for that Denver is an excellent starting point.
Original text of Red Rocks Amphitheater was:
"Located in Morrison, Colorado, on the western edge of Denver, Red Rocks Amphitheater is a gorgeous outdoor concert venue with amazing natural beauty and providing a great view of Denver below. Its popularity has been aided (and no doubt the effect is mutual) by famous live recordings of concerts by popular bands U2 and Dave Mathews Band at this location. The acoustics are the best of any outdoor venue I've experienced, with crystal-clear vocals and sibilant sounds being audible from any seat, without harshness."
--Nils 20:38, 25 Mar 2004 (EST)
Organization of the Drinks section. I've recently posted a few bars that I frequent, but am going to reorganize them. I didn't have time to put a description up yet, but will get to that later, when I have a chance. I'd like to reorganize them based on geography (as, frequently, a lot of people go to an 'area', instead of a particular bar in the downtown area. Maybe a street map type setup, with the bars located on a particular street visually represented, so that patrons can judge where they want to go based on the types and quantities of bars in a given area?
--rkausch 14:51, 25 Oct 2006 (EST)
Weather & the informal tone
after all, this is the city where the saying, "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes," was coined). This is in the article, what is the source? Everyone says this about everywhere.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs)
- No source is necessary; in fact, it is Wikitravel policy to never source—it's a travel guide, not an encyclopedia. It certainly sounds like a myth to me, but regardless, I think the expression applies well to Denver. --Peterfitzgerald Talk 16:23, 5 June 2007 (EDT)
- As well as the expression applies to Denver, I think it's fair to question whether the myth of it originating here is true. We may not need encyclopedic proof, but I took it out because I think it strains credulity. - Todd VerBeek 17:11, 5 June 2007 (EDT)
" Outdoor Enthusiasts Rejoice"?
I have my doubts this section should exist. Outdoor recreation stuff should go under "Do". PerryPlanet 04:17, 2 August 2007 (EDT)
- I don't know, this is actually fairly useful information for a climate section, in that it tells travelers when to go. The rest of that huge climate section (a nightmare for avid skimmers like me) could, I think, be reduced to one paragraph and in such parsimonious form would be more helpful. --Peter Talk 04:24, 2 August 2007 (EDT)
dt dvr map
Hiya! I was just thinking/lookin' at the Downtown Denver map, which is beautiful, but I think it is missing some things that could be added:
- Larimer Square - just highlight where the shopping takes place in a colour and label it.
- Cherry Shopping Area - similar to the above.
- Any missing hotels?
Clothing Boutique Listings
There were several listings added to this article today that are simply names of clothing boutiques and links to their web sites - without further information about why these links are here I'm not sure that this information improves the article and would suggest that we might be better off without them. -- Ryan • (talk) • 18:27, 9 November 2008 (EST)
- Just to re-iterate the concerns above, Walgreens and Bath & Body Works probably aren't appropriate here. Without checking I'd guess there are probably a dozen WalGreens in Denver, and it's tough to imagine travelers going to Denver in order to visit Bath & Body Works... I'm not seeing how these listings improve the article, but others may feel differently. -- Ryan • (talk) • 20:12, 9 November 2008 (EST)
- Hey Ryan! I just added most of those and added basic info-I'll add the listing later or if someone else wants to. No people aren't going to go to Denver just to see B&BW, but it may be something they stop in and see-there are a lot of savy fans of that store. Keep smiling, ee talk 20:16, 9 November 2008 (EST).
- Also, don't generalize them all as boutiques. Some of them are regular stores. Keep smiling, ee talk 20:17, 9 November 2008 (EST).