Wow! Really fine job! Great work!Majnoona 17:30, 7 Jun 2004 (EDT)
Dammit, the Porn Ping website does work, but the spam filter just blocks http://www.p*ornpinghotelchiangmai.com/. Jpatokal 04:51, 2 Nov 2004 (EST)
- The URL you(?) had there was an IP address, and it did not work: I clicked on it and got an error. At the time I edited the page it was [http://126.96.36.199 Porn Ping Tower] -- try it: Porn Ping Tower. -- Hypatia 05:04, 2 Nov 2004 (EST)
- The "dammit" was directed at the spam filter, not you... the site remains perfectly accessible at its real URL, but obviously the numeric IP has changed and I can't access it either. Sigh. Jpatokal 05:06, 2 Nov 2004 (EST)
- It's 188.8.131.52, but it looks like the hotel site is on a virtual host in which case the IP address can't work as the webserver is looking for the hostname in the request. Meanwhil, maybe we should tone down the language, since we have some very young contributors from time to time. ;) -- Mark 05:09, 2 Nov 2004 (EST)
- Yes it is, but you cannot access the site by IP. Try it: http://184.108.40.206/ . They're probably using some kind of virtual hosting (multiple sites sharing an IP) so you need to request it by name to get the right site rather than the error. This is the second peril of linking to IPs; the other being that they change :( -- Hypatia 05:13, 2 Nov 2004 (EST)
- Oops, sorry Mary, my update to my remarks above collided with your posts (twice I think), so now it looks like we are saying the same thing, I guess I ought to have added an addendum instead.. -- Mark 05:18, 2 Nov 2004 (EST)
- It's OK. For folks in future -- I didn't make an entire comment simply repeating Mark's comment, honest I didn't ;) -- Hypatia 05:20, 2 Nov 2004 (EST)
- I tried to find the real URL before removing the link entirely but Google was not helpful. I guess I should have looked at the page history. -- Hypatia 05:10, 2 Nov 2004 (EST)
- It's fixed now. Sorry for the problems. I'm still trying to work out how to make the Wikitravel:spam filter work best. Input and comments very welcome. --Evan 15:19, 2 Nov 2004 (EST)
Who is removing my home videos off this page?
I have posted links to real nice short streaming home videos of Doi Suthep, Wararot Market, Khom Loy at the Loi Krathong festival and a Khantoke Dinner. I would store them here at Wiki but it doesn't suppot them. I have links to all my home videos posted on many forums and travel journal sites and everyone enjoys them. There are no advertisements or Spaming involved. These are just good home videos showing Chiang Mai, it's people and culture. Why are you removing them?