Ext links deleted from the article which may be useful as research links
Disambiguation or Famous?
Hello! The name "Bergen" is also the often used short name of the town "Bergen auf Rügen" on the island called "Rügen" in Baltic Sea, the capital town of the administrative district Rügen (district) in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Germany. --Atlas 04:22, 1 Feb 2006 (EST)
- There is also Bergen (North Dakota), Bergen County, Bergen (New Jersey) but I think being the second city of Norway makes it more a famous place. The other Bergens could be mentioned on a Bergen (disambiguation) page, once people write articles about them. -- Huttite 05:14, 1 Feb 2006 (EST)
- Nope, they are not, they are from Tromsø, they only live here.
I don't think that there should be so much about Varg Vikernes' trial under the section about Fantoft stave church. Maybe a line about the fact that a satanist most probably was responsible for the arson, but I think it's wrong to give the entire history of the case here – that belongs in Wikipedia and is of no interest to the average traveler. Unless someone can convince me not to, I will rewrite the paragraph and remove some of the info. --184.108.40.206 16:10, 28 May 2007 (EDT)
The article claims the following: "At Strandkaien and in Strandgaten, you'll find Bergen's red light district at night. As prostitution is legal in Norway, it is unfortunately very visible. Prostitutes can be very ongoing. Although the risk of getting in to trouble is very low, families should be aware of the area, as not to expose their children to the sad reality. "
It is true that there might be some prostitutes in this area. However they are very reare to be seen. Personally I have been living many years in Bergen, and have seen prostitutes there only a few times. I disagree that this is a large problem in Bergen.
This article needs:
- A thorough spell check and language cleanup
- A map
- Pictures - there is quite a few on Flickr that may be used. Of those in the article, some should probably be replaced or removed.
- Add information about accessibility for the disabled
History Climate Geography, surroundings Culture
- Get in
Visa and passport requirements, EU, Schengen
- By plane
- Airport café - prices
- The Arboretum and Botanical Garden
- Bergen Maritime Museum
- More about history and the situation today
Bryggens museum (put it in the Bryggen section) The Hanseatic Museum (put it in the Bryggen section) Theta museum
- Hiking (
rewrite,add somemore recommended trips). Freedom to roam.
Guided tours, sightseeing
Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra Bergen Live Bergen jazzforum
- Swing 'n' sweet
Den Nationale Scene Teatergarasjen
Nattjazz Bergenfest Bergen International Festival 17 May
- Hiking (
- Learn (general expansion)
Husfliden Rubens varme gleder Blonder og stas
- Juhl's silver gallery
- Shopping centers
Tax free shopping
somea few more words about local food
- Add more listings, especially budget and splurge
Drink Structure - divide listings into groups
- Camping. Freedom to camp.
- More mid-range and splurge hotels
- Cope - should be organized a bit better, add some words
about religious services, andabout language
- Get out
Norway in a nutshell?
- The fjords?
- Flåm, Flåmsbanen
This article is great! I've nominated it for DOTM May 2008. However, my one concern is that some parts of this — eg. every man's right, the bits about Norwegian police and so on — belong more in the Norway article than here.
- Finally someone else! I feel like I have been working on this article for ages, I thought I was all alone in here… I'm the guy who did most of the work. I prefer not to register so it's a bit hard to trace it. Anyway, I'm glad you're happy with the article. I'm not sure I think it's ready to be DOTM yet (but it might be by May), in some places I think it's too extensive (I just removed some of what you mentioned), and at least the bold parts of the to do-list above should be fixed. I've tried to make a map, but I'm afraid it's beyond my level of understanding. I hope that someone can help me out. 220.127.116.11 08:45, 10 February 2008 (EST)
- Please do make sure the content is already in the Norway article before you remove anything...
- And if you click on the URL above, you'll get a usable street map of Bergen. Cut out the parts you don't need, add icons on top for hotels, restaurants etc and you're set! Jpatokal 11:57, 10 February 2008 (EST)
- It is. And I will. At least try. 18.104.22.168 15:36, 10 February 2008 (EST)