Recent info gutted
I just gutted the article. Sections were cut-n-pasted from Wikipedia, the Chamber of Commerce, Visitor Info websites, etc. So I cut everything that had the appearance of being copied (thank God marketese is pretty obvious). I managed to leave in the basic facts, names, and website links. -- Colin 01:26, 10 March 2006 (EST)
- I am very disapointed that you gutted this article, I had contributed to a few different sections relating to where to stay in Bend. I did not copy these articles from any other cite, I have been travleing to Bend since I was a young child and these were my own thoughts on these resorts. I am also contributing to this cite for a class at Oregon State, and other students will be judging my work. I was frustrated to return to the cite to see my contributions deleted and then accused of coping the work. As I repost this information I am telling you that I have not copied these remarks, and to please not delete them. Kaylee Pfennig-pfennigk
- All of your old contributions are available by clicking on the "History" tab from the article page. Alternatively, you can just go to this link. Copyright is taken very, very seriously here, so if any contribution is found to have come from another source (such as Wikipedia or a Chamber of Commerce site) that throws all contributions from that user into question and we often just revert the changes. Any original work is much appreciated and very welcome, however, so please feel free to restore whatever are your own thoughts. -- Ryan 15:06, 16 March 2006 (EST)
Just got back from Bend-had a great time! Impressed with the amount of activities, physical beauty of the area, the people. No mention in of McMenamins anywhere. Fantastic place-movie theatre, accomodations, Turkish bath, pubs and restaraunts. Centrally located, price is right. Hope to return!
What should be the criteria for add restaurants? Right now it seems like editor could add whatever restaurants they like.
- Technically, they can add any restaurant they like (and anyone can come along later and delete a restaurant they don't think should be there). Basically there really is no hard criteria.
- Personally, I try to only add local restaurants (instead of chain restaurants; you can find those anywhere) - ones that are popular with locals, or a critic's favorite, or famous for something else (good views? historic? made out of LEGOs?). In other words, a restaurant I would recommend to visiting friends, to show off my town (if I lived there). Army of me 20:49, 3 February 2011 (EST)
- Also, if you are familiar with this town, feel free to delete any restaurants you don't think should be there (if they're crappy, whatever) and add your own. If someone disagrees with you, I'm sure we'll find out (or at least that's the idea!). Wikitravel is not the Yellow Pages; we shouldn't be listing every restaurant in Bend unless they are actually worth your time (imagine if you were visiting there as a tourist). Army of me 20:51, 3 February 2011 (EST)